SASS Wire Forum

Which way does a minigun rotate?

Alpo

Comic strip.

2022-08-01-GP1071.jpg

Panels 5 6 and 7. They put bayonets on the minigun. Why? Why not.

As you can see in panel 5 the good guy has stabbed the bad guy, and he's stabbed him so good that the bayonets are sticking out the other side. The bayonets are actually Bowie knives. From the picture showing how the knives are situated, these bayonets would only be useful (useful - hah!) if the minigun were to rotate clockwise, looking at the muzzle.

Thus my question. Looking at one muzzle-on, do they rotate clockwise or counterclockwise?

20 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Comic strip.

2022-08-01-GP1071.jpg

Panels 5 6 and 7. They put bayonets on the minigun. Why? Why not.

As you can see in panel 5 the good guy has stabbed the bad guy, and he's stabbed him so good that the bayonets are sticking out the other side. The bayonets are actually Bowie knives. From the picture showing how the knives are situated, these bayonets would only be useful (useful - hah!) if the minigun were to rotate clockwise, looking at the muzzle.

Thus my question. Looking at one muzzle-on, do they rotate clockwise or counterclockwise?

I seem to remember that they can be fed from either side and the side that they are fed from determines which way the barrels rotate. 

5 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

That's cool! I know that girl!! She was having some kinda fun!!:lol:

Counterclockwise. We removed one from a downed Loach and mounted it on a jeep. Worked well for firebase defense. Very well!

I assume you meant from the point of view of the shooter. It’s clockwise from the point of view of the shootee.

FB8C1DCF-EE8A-4BE8-8405-00F53CBCD571.jpeg

Now that my question has been answered, for those that would like to know - a little more about the minigun with the bayonets. :)

2015-06-18-GP0328.jpg

2015-06-22-GP0329.jpg

This is an organization of superheroes. The golden woman with a purple hair has powers that would make Superman look like Pee-wee Herman.

2 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

That's cool! I know that girl!! She was having some kinda fun!!:lol:

21st birthday present. Then we went up and she drank half a beer.

15 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

21st birthday present. Then we went up and she drank half a beer.

Pretty nice birthday present!! 

Archived