SASS Wire Forum

Browning BL-22 for side matches...

i dont know that , i dont have one yet , ill find one to add to my accumulation one day , id like to know as well , today id go with one of my marlins 0or the 9422 for sidematch fun , 

The past few years around the clubs I shoot,   I don't ever recall seeing any of the Browning .22 rifles.

I've seen a couple of the Marlin 39's and a couple of the Winchester 9422's.    Mostly, and especially in the hands of some real fast shooters,

you'll see them shooting the Henry models.   And most of those have been modified.

..........Widder

The Browning BL-22 rifle is probably not the best choice for precisely the reason you brought up.  Frankly, an Interesting configuration with the trigger assembly actually moving with the lever.  However, it's more what you get used to in this game than anything and I'd bet that it could be used effectively with practice.  On another note, the Browning is a smallish rifle and at least in my opinion more suited for younger shooters.  I have used mine to teach many young shooters and keep it around primarily for that purpose.  Good luck and good shooting to all.  

Archived