SASS Wire Forum

Illinois State Championship Match Videos Released

Popcorn Kelly

This is a quick post-match update of the SASS 2022 Illinois State Championship July 15-17.  After a few late cancels due to various reasons, we ended up with 149 paid shooters, crowned two new Overall Winners, two new Mens and Ladies Champions, and 34 new Illinois Category Champions.  If anyone would like an electronic version of the Event program, click here to download it. 

We enjoyed hosting the 2022 Championship and are already making plans for next year.  In terms of next year, we will most likely hold the event from August 18-20, 2023.  Please mark these dates on your calendar and make plans to attend and, if so inclined, please consider recommending us to others.  The more the merrier!

Match Videos

I also want to let you know I created two videos of the 2022 Illinois Championship.  Between the video footage and all the pictures, it was quite long (in the order of 40 minutes) so I broke it up into two parts.   Heck, you may even want to pop some popcorn. ;-)

Part 1 mostly contains an introduction, several videos of cowboys and cowgirls shooting stages, and scrolling lists of the Overall Winners, Category Champions, Side Match Winners and Clean Shooters at the end.  This video is about 21 minutes long.  Click here to view Part 1

Part 2 contains a shorter introduction and then photos of the match, the Celebration Belle Riverboat Dinner Cruise, and all Award Winners.  There are a lot of pictures.  Part 2 is about 20 minutes long.  Click here to view Part 2. 

[My videos tend to be a bit longer than most cowboy shooting videos. Feel free to fast forward. I also encourage people to watch them on their television if possible. To me they are much more enjoyable when viewed on a larger screen with better sound.]

Again, thanks for your support and we hope to see you next year. 

Happy Trails,

Popcorn Kelly, Communications and Website Director

Illowa Irregulars Cowboy Action Shooting Club

Milan, Illinois

Archived