SASS Wire Forum

1080 Yards

Subdeacon Joe

Not bad at all for a round having  trajectory like a rainbow, a fairly short barrel, iron sights, and shooting offhand....with a wind blowing.  And not a single obvious feature that I don't have on my 1886 Browning....'cept a pistol grip....maybe.  Wasn't even using a sling.

Not a man to be messed with.

I wish I had his eyesight.  I'm not sure I could see a 24 x 24 white square at 1080 yards with my eyesight.

Swedish Mauser at 2500 yards with 20-25 mph winds.  Note to self, never, ever piss that man off!

9 minutes ago, Chantry said:

Swedish Mauser at 2500 yards with 20-25 mph winds.  Note to self, never, ever piss that man off!

Military sights with the rear a notch about an eighth of an inch wide and a sixteenth of an inch deep and a front blade that is about a sixty fourth of an inch wide at the top.

Nice shooting. If that was a man standing up there he’d be a hurting’ puppy. 
I truly doubt I could see that target. 24”x24” Target at 1080 yards would be hard for me, I’m sure. 

21 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

I guess that is one reason 45-70 cartridges are so expensive, right now. 

They are more popular than they have ever been, and rightfully so. 

I have two rifles that shoot the 45-70. I need more. :D

19 hours ago, watab kid said:

sure glad i have mine and i guess ill take real good care of them too , 

You need to come up to the Quigley match up here. Targets from 350 to 805 yds.

ive got to get tuned in at 2-3-400 first , ive been working on loads but ive just not had the time yet to get serious here , i would love to get there if only to watch , 

On 7/31/2022 at 4:32 PM, Chantry said:

I wish I had his eyesight.  I'm not sure I could see a 24 x 24 white square at 1080 yards with my eyesight.

Let alone aim at it. The front sight would probably cover a pickup with a camper shell at that range.

JHC:blink:

Archived