SASS Wire Forum

Some more strange pizza

Alpo

12 minutes ago, Alpo said:

How about this one? This is the article that led me to that article.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/13/dominos-launches-revolting-hawaiian-spaghetti-pizza/

If some people like it, more power to them. The only canned pasta that I find at all edible is canned ravioli.  And that only because of a nostalgic attachment.  I'd buy small cans of it as a kid when I went hiking and exploring as a kid.

57 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If some people like it, more power to them. The only canned pasta that I find at all edible is canned ravioli.  And that only because of a nostalgic attachment.  I'd buy small cans of it as a kid when I went hiking and exploring as a kid.

But the sauce in today's ravioli just plain sucks! It used to have a reasonable meat sauce, now just orange water with some unknown chunks of brown stuff. Every now and then we get a can of with a semi sorta sauce. They've even ruined Chef Boy R D. Awful, just awful what we've come too.

I worked for Grocitto’s pizza on Staten Island when I was a kid. Mainly it was cheese pie or pepperoni. We did have mushroom and sausage but rarely got orders for that. A large pie was 24”.  You don’t see that anymore.  I would try those pies as long as there was no sweet.  Pizza has changed a lot. Now you have to ask for pomodora sauce to get away from the sickenly sweet crap kids want on their pies. To each their own.  When I want a pizza now, I make my own dough and sauce, special order the pepperoni and mozeralla.  When I worked at Grocitto’s everything was imported. It really makes a difference.

Chef Boyardee us tolerable.  He was Italian and made his stuff to satisfy everyone not just Italians. Most Italians don’t like it!

Most of the commercial spaghetti sauces are way too sweet, you can kick that down a bit by adding a little dry instant coffee.  The new imported Bertoli D'Italia are good straight out of the jar.  They are the best I can get till our tomato crop hits.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Chef Boyardee us tolerable.  He was Italian and made his stuff to satisfy everyone not just Italians. Most Italians don’t like it!

Boyardee is to Italian food as Del Taco is to Mexican.  :blink:

3 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

The Brisket pizza and the Jerked Chicken pizza sound like they could be decent.

I thought the same. Maybe the tater tot pizza, but I am not much for chorizo. 

Howdy,

BLT pizza.

Unbelievable good stuffff.

Local shops wont even try to make it.

Houghton Mi.  if you ever git there.

Best

CR

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Boyardee is to Italian food as Del Taco is to Mexican.  :blink:

Just like Chung King is Chinese food.  I remember in 1970 at Benning my battery clerk* raved about a supper club in Columbus that served Chinese so one evening the misses & I at dinner at this place with his wife Joy.  His name was Steve Joy so you can imagine the fun he had with that.  The food wasn't that impressive to us being that we were born & raised across the Bay from San Fransicko.  While the food was good it was high end Chung King.  Egg foo young, sloppy chow mein & egg rolls.  Needless to say the misses & I praised the food.  We were more impressed with the catfish fry place in Phoenix City.  Tables made buy attaching plywood to saw horses.

* I got tapped as his assistant because I had a summery school typing class.  Got me out of formation in the morning, police calls, KP & guard duty.  The 1st time I volunteered for anything.  The second time was in the 25th ID in VN.  I was asked and accepted the position of broadcast engineer for a pirate radio station.  The job entailed disassembling the equipment in An Loc & reassembling it in Dau Tang.  I also repaired broken equipment.  A lightning strike on the power lines took out the generator and one of the station's broadcast consoles.  To get it back in operation I salvaged a power transformer out of a Collins receiver.

Archived