SASS Wire Forum

Anybody have a smartwatch?

Alpo

How long does the charge last?

The British MI6 guy, from my other post, that got thrown back in time to 63. He convinced one guy that he was from the future by showing him his smartphone. But he doesn't have his charger with him - who carries their charger around with him - so his phone is basically useless. But he wears a smartwatch. He has the screen up that looks like a watch face, so all anyone thinks is that it's a big watch, but he's been wearing it for a couple of weeks now and it's still working.

My regular quartz watch, which runs on a battery, is good for a couple of years. But how about a smartwatch? It seems like, the little I know about them, it is like the smartphone. A little computer. Which means to me that it eats electricity massively. Seems that, like the phone, it would need to be charged at least once a day.

Am I correct in this assumption?

17 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

18 hours after an overnight charge

I found that on a search, but I figured I would see if anyone had some real life experience.

Just because it says it on the internet don't make it true. B)

20 minutes ago, Matthew Duncan said:

You ruining a perfectly good story with the facts?  :)

If I was going to do that I would be upset did they gave the woman MI6 agent a Remington revolver to fight the stasi with.

In The Shootist - book, not movie - Books is armed with two Remington double action revolvers. One with black grips and one with white grips.

I liked the two different colored grips - made sure you did not get your left gun confused with your right gun.

But to the best of my knowledge, Remington never made a double action revolver.

I didn't let that oops bother me - I just noticed it in passing, and went on with the story.

My Fossil Gen 3 will go a normal day (for me) of 16 hours and have between 20 to 30% charge left, depending on how many texts or e-mails I rec'd and/or sent.

I have it set to display the face when I turn my wrist, so that will save a bit of battery life.

It does have a battery mode which will only display clock face & disables all other functionality, never run that but manual says it should run 3 days that way.

Very small battery, your author is reaching hard for a significant amount of willful suspension of disbelief...

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr, SASS #14478 Life said:

Very small battery, your author is reaching hard for a significant amount of willful suspension of disbelief...

Thank you.

The protagonist, who has been thrown back in time to 1963, came from 2024. Maybe they've improved them by then. :P Heck, maybe they're solar powered by then. Although if your watch was solar powered, it seems like your phone would also be solar powered, and his isn't. B)

Archived