SASS Wire Forum

AWB Passed the house late Friday :(

Sedalia Dave

13 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Still has to pass the senate…it won’t. 

That other 2A bill wasn’t going to pass the Senate either, but somewhere along the line, people we elected to protect our rights sold out, caved in, or just switched sides and we’re seeing our natural rights denied, eroded, or just stolen!!

We’d better step up and make some changes or we can maybe find ourselves backed further into this corner we’ve been in for so long!!

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

That other 2A bill wasn’t going to pass the Senate either, but somewhere along the line, people we elected to protect our rights sold out, caved in, or just switched sides and we’re seeing our natural rights denied, eroded, or just stolen!!

We’d better step up and make some changes or we can maybe find ourselves backed further into this corner we’ve been in for so long!!

The House Dems are just shooting their wad unless they are all morons, especially the lawyers.  They are hoping it will energize their base to vote in November.  The only people who will go to the poles because of this vote are single issue gun grabbers. They should know that after Bruen SCOTUS vacated & sent back to the appellate  courts an AWB & a 10 round magazine case that were in the certiorari hopper.  Both of the cases were appealed  by the plaintiffs who lost at the appellate courts.  That means that even if the appeals courts rewrite their rulings and still uphold the state regulations, the hand writing is on the wall these regulations will eventually fall.  Their ain't no way they can pass the text & history test.  You can find post (1876) Reconstruction laws in Southern states that required black citizens to get permission from the government to keep firearms; however, I would think that no self respecting federal judge would have the cahonies to cite them.  Thereby removing all doubt that they aren't RACIST.

What will they (D)s think of next?

High capacity revolvers?

Large bore Blunderbusses?

Double barrel shotguns? After all, NO ONE needs two barrels on a gun...

Must be such a warm fuzzy feeling to pi$$ on the Constitution. 

25 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

What will they (D)s think of next?

High capacity revolvers?

Large bore Blunderbusses?

Double barrel shotguns? After all, NO ONE needs two barrels on a gun...

Must be such a warm fuzzy feeling to pi$$ on the Constitution. 

That's the thing,  they don't believe in the constitution and think it's an outdated misread document that they can rewrite to change the country into their fantasy utopian system. Most haven't even read it. They're morons!

JEL

9 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Still has to pass the senate…it won’t. 

Yep, they need 60 votes to pass it. Never happen. Even with the RINOS like Romney and Murkowski and Collins they won't get 60. There maybe some dems that won't vote for it if they're in "purple" states.

First it would have to pass the Senate and I can think of at least three Demoncrat or Independent senators that probably won't vote for it (Testor D-Montanta, Manchin, D-WV, King I-ME) and there may be more.  The normally RINO senators are all in very pro-gun states (Murkowski -AK, Romney-UT, Collins-ME) so they probably won't vote for this bill.*  Even if by some small chance the bill passes, it is unlikely to stand up in court.  Hopefully the passage of this bill in the House will hurt the Demoncrats as badly as the 1994 "Assault" Weapons bill did.

*Whether or not you liked the last "anti-gun" bill that recently passed through the Senate, it was too reasonable to the average voter to get outraged about and failing to pass it probably would have hurt our chances in November.

17 minutes ago, Chantry said:

First it would have to pass the Senate and I can think of at least three Demoncrat or Independent senators that probably won't vote for it (Testor D-Montanta, Manchin, D-WV, King I-ME) and there may be more.  The normally RINO senators are all in very pro-gun states (Murkowski -AK, Romney-UT, Collins-ME) so they probably won't vote for this bill.*  Even if by some small chance the bill passes, it is unlikely to stand up in court.  Hopefully the passage of this bill in the House will hurt the Demoncrats as badly as the 1994 "Assault" Weapons bill did.

*Whether or not you liked the last "anti-gun" bill that recently passed through the Senate, it was too reasonable to the average voter to get outraged about and failing to pass it probably would have hurt our chances in November.

You said Manchin that boy swings whatever way the wind blows  , :) The fact is who we elect dont matter none of them work "For the People" anymore and havent for many years . They work for themselves and to fit in to DC  they like the "power" they have and will do whatever they have to to keep it . They have said repeatedly The Constitution doesnt matter to them , in the NWO that wont exist . and well there is only one Country fighting against it and many here wont like it , because if the NWO goes through it will end them .  
  This is to appease the looneys it wont pass , if it did it would be the start of the second civil war they know that and billy bob in the National guard wont come take out granny . Thats why they wanted to stop sales of M885 to civilians , they go through most LEO vests . 

The bigger question is what all this deflecting your attention from ?? Maybe National Guard in Upstate NY loading live ordnance in the dark of the night banned from using any light onto trucks for the last 2 weeks and the soldiers are telling family that expected them home last week  because 1 week that they are being told they dont have a date they will be done .  . Shades of Olly North at MCAS EL TORO ? or where else would our tax money be going ?

13 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I have my doubts that elections will fix anything.

What makes anybody think the Congressional elections in 2020 were run any more honestly than the Presidential election.  The same cheated ballot counts affected all of the contests on the ballots.  So are you sure our Reps were really elected? 

I am afraid I've lost most of my  faith in our elections, justice system (farce), courts, and elected reps.  --- Add to that our schools, universities, media, and public honesty.

Something has gone VERY wrong in recent years.   I fear the endpoint -- a country with no integrity, no justice, no morals, no history, no flag, no defined  individual rights or liberty, no principles, and no God--just situational decisions and agenda-focused truth, laws, and ethics. 

We are being pushed so fast and so forcefully by the brainwashing media, that most folks aren't looking to the side for perspective any more (at what is being left behind). 

It isn't good.

Question: If it does become law, what will you do about it?

This is where the rubber meets the road. 

I will not declare anything, register anything, turn in anything and I will march on Washington if there is call to do so. It’s time we got a little medieval on their arses…or at least Revolutionary. 

Typical, wait for the dead of night at the end of the week to pass this garbage.   

Just like the "gunnegeddon" a few years ago in CA, late Friday night before the Independence Day holiday our Legislature passed a whole raft of anti-civil rights laws.

1 hour ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Typical, wait for the dead of night at the end of the week to pass this garbage.   

Just like the "gunnegeddon" a few years ago in CA, late Friday night before the Independence Day holiday our Legislature passed a whole raft of anti-civil rights laws.

After the Sandy Hook school shooting the gun grabbers passed an "assault weapons" ban in CT.  They held a public hearing on the bill.  It started at 10 am and went on until 4 am when the last person spoke.  About 90% of the people testified against the bill. 

The hearing didn't go the way the gun grabbers wanted, so they used they used a legislative clause for emergencies to pass the bill at very short notice at 2 or 3 am in the morning and most of the legislature never had a chance to read the whole bill.

If there was a silver lining it ended the political careers of a number of major state politicians from both parties and there hasn't been another bill that was directly anti-gun since.

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Question: If it does become law, what will you do about it?

This is where the rubber meets the road. 

I will not declare anything, register anything, turn in anything and I will march on Washington if there is call to do so. It’s time we got a little medieval on their arses…or at least Revolutionary. 

I won’t say what I will or won’t do because it could put extra focus on me and mine.  

I’ll simply repeat what I have said in reference to all of the previous infringements on our rights!!

DO NOT COMPLY!!

Archived