SASS Wire Forum

Whirligig target

Dusty Devil Dale

A year or so ago, someone posted a video of a home-made  (tripple?) compound whirligig rifle target.  I've looked and looked for it, but cannot find it. 

Does anbody remember it -- any search hints?

1 hour ago, The Blarney Kid said:

It sounds like the Whirling Dervish at the Bigfork, MT club. Check "whirling dervish" on youtube.

Oh sure, I finally remembered the name and you beat me to it!

Don’t know if they still use them but the Briggsdale club had a device called the “Medusa” that was a challenge, a treat, a frustration and downright fun all in one. 
Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

will look for video and post

4 hours ago, The Blarney Kid said:

It sounds like the Whirling Dervish at the Bigfork, MT club. Check "whirling dervish" on youtube.

Found it! 

Thank You!

Sage Creek Gus, the shooter in the video, has designed and built several contraptions for CAS. I've shot this one, and it's a lot of fun. :)

It appears Gus is going downrange directly in front of his discarded shotgun... oops.

I have no buckles or much to brag about my Cowboy Action Shooting experience.  But I did shoot a Texas Star in one match and cleaned it with handguns shooting gunfighter frontier cartridge.  45 Colt,  as I recall.  I'm not sure anyone else did. Some didn't hit any.

4 hours ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Sage Creek Gus, the shooter in the video, has designed and built several contraptions for CAS. I've shot this one, and it's a lot of fun. :)

It appears Gus is going downrange directly in front of his discarded shotgun... oops.

Noticed that also, rifle too.

Archived