SASS Wire Forum

PCC recommendation

Tennessee Snuffy

I'd recommend getting something in 9 mm that takes Glock magazines.  The AR-15 platforms are popular but make sure that you get one that was purpose built for 9 mm and not a 5.56 conversion.  

I use a Ruger PCC in 9mm. It has a Vortex StrikeFire red/green dot sight on it. Takes either Ruger or Glock type magazines. The Vortex is on a cantilever mount which allows use of open sights for close range shots. With the red dot sighted in at 150, out to 300 yards (the longest we shoot) holdover is minimal and very accurate. Mine is the standard stock, some others have the tactical version handguards, extendable stock and such but all perform very well.

Sometimes 9 mm guns (especially when using range brass) can be a bit picky about reloading and feeding but my normal loading procedures work well with no failures yet.

They have jumped about $100 bucks in the last year while some others have come down. Not sure why on that. :rolleyes:

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

I've been building PCCs now for over 10 years. Glock mag PCCs are more common but also more problematic. There are issues with different mags and especially aftermarket mags. They are also very expensive averaging $40 each for the 33rd big stick. The Colt Stick mag lowered PCC will run any brand and they never have issues. You can find a bulk pack of 5 32 round mags on sale sometimes for $50. 

Sorry,  I've had built and owned numerous PCCs, both Glock and Colt, and I'll take the Colt everyday and twice on Sunday. 

JEL

Well… 45ACP… a 9mm would better for playing the PCC game. 
For reliability in feeding

Glock Mags.

Glock Mags.

Glock Mags
A buddy has Thompson that runs, well it doesn’t run. He has tried different mags, cleaned it and so on. 
CMMG builds a 45ACP AR that uses Glock mags. https://cmmg.com/resolute-mkg-45-acp-16-1

I have a KRIS Vector 45ACP SBR that runs reliably, it is just a slow cycling beast.  It uses… Glock Magazines. https://kriss-usa.com/item/vector-crb/

The 9mm Vector that I had was noticeably slower that my AR and slower than my Ruger PCC.
A CMMG or Vector is a good choice in 45ACP.

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

I use a Ruger PCC in 9mm. It has a Vortex StrikeFire red/green dot sight on it. Takes either Ruger or Glock type magazines. The Vortex is on a cantilever mount which allows use of open sights for close range shots. With the red dot sighted in at 150, out to 300 yards (the longest we shoot) holdover is minimal and very accurate. Mine is the standard stock, some others have the tactical version handguards, extendable stock and such but all perform very well.

Sometimes 9 mm guns (especially when using range brass) can be a bit picky about reloading and feeding but my normal loading procedures work well with no failures yet.

They have jumped about $100 bucks in the last year while some others have come down. Not sure why on that. :rolleyes:

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Shanley has a Diamondback 9mm, with Vortex sight....Vortex replaced his used sight with a new one, because it started glitching...no questions asked.

Bought a 9mm Glock for the pistol portion.

Another vote for the Ruger PC Carbine.  Even in AR wanna-be format the MSRP is under $800 and in more conventional rifle format they are $650.  Street price should be somewhat less.  They take Glock magazines which are available in Glock factory form with up to 33 rounds and the sky's the limit with aftermarket extenders.   Mine has been both reliable and fun to shoot.

Archived