SASS Wire Forum

Stay Home, Dadgummit~!!

Or, to revive a term from long ago... "Yankee, Go Home!"  :lol:

It seems that Americans - evidently many from california - have worn out their welcome in Mexico:  :rolleyes:

Mexico City residents angered by influx of Americans speaking English, gentrifying area: report

Apparently those legal, generous spending English speakers just ain't welcome no mo'.  ^_^

I reckon I know where I won't be goin' for a vacation.  :mellow:

By the way... those folk would feel right at home in the california town I live near.  -_-

An influx of Californians and other Americans has made its way to Mexico City, angering some locals who say they are gentrifying the area, according to a report....

Mexican locals are "fed up" with the growing number of Americans, many from California, moving to and visiting the country, which has contributed to a rise in rent and a shift from Spanish to English in some places....

Americans have brought a scent of "new-wave" imperialism as taquerias and corner stores have slowly transformed into coffee shops and Pilates studios....

14 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

They are….

Kinda’ Sorta’!!

38 minutes ago, Chief Rick said:

Reminds me of Norfolk, VA and the view towards sailors...

We want your money, but not you.

I lived there for a spell when I was a kid, back in the 50's.

And I recall the signs, "Dogs and Sailors...."

DOGS & SAILORS KEEP OFF GRASS VINTAGE ENAMEL SIGN - Old Time Signs

1 hour ago, Chief Rick said:

Reminds me of Norfolk, VA and the view towards sailors...

We want your money, but not you.

Yep! I had an apartment in Norfolk when I was in the Navy for a few months. I was not welcomed there so my wife and I moved to Hampton. 

In 69 my wife and I rented a furnished appt in Norfolk. My ship was in the yard for work so I wasn’t going anywhere soon. My wife was in the laundry room when another female tenet walked in. She saw my summer whites with the PO3 stripes on the sleeve. Her reaction was, “I thought this apartment complex was for Officers.” 
Nope the management were an equal opportunity landlord. Money is money no mater who hands it over. :D

CJ

TS!

Now maybe they will get some of what we get when their people come up here.  I hope that most of liberal Californians (and other lefties) go down there and impose their crap on Mexico the way their people have done to us.

2 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

TS!

Now maybe they will get some of what we get when their people come up here.  I hope that most of liberal Californians (and other lefties) go down there and impose their crap on Mexico the way their people have done to us.

Well... Americans - even those from california - mostly go there to spend money they bring with them.

The folks from their side of the border are coming here to... well... well... well, certainly not to spend money they bring with 'em!   :wacko:

8 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... interesting that they differentiate between Americans and Californians ...... like they're from two different countries    :rolleyes:

they are 

Archived