SASS Wire Forum

Double blessing

Excitement in our family today with the births of two great-grandchildren, 18 hours apart, yesterday and this morning. All well and healthy; one boy and one girl. Born to our two oldest granddaughters (sisters) and their husbands. The one with the boy had a girl 1  1/2  years ago, so this makes our daughter #2 a grandma of three.

We had 6 of our 12 grandkids by age 50, which put us ahead in the trajectory....we feel greatly blessed.

Great news!!

1 hour ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

births of two great-grandchildren, 18 hours apart, yesterday and this morning.

When I got this far in the post, I'm thinking - 18 hours apart? That's a hell of a labor for those twins. Their mama is going to give them guilt forever. "I was in labor with you for 3 hours, and then another 18 hours for you!!" :P

Then I read further and find out that it's not twins.

Congratulations.

3 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Psst!  Grandpa, have you run out of knees to bounce your grandchildren on? ^_^

The 12 grandkids range from 29 down to 10, so they've outgrown the knees. So the great-grands have arrived and the knees are ready once again!

Thanks all. As you can imagine, it's a frabjous day here, especially with it being the two sisters. Came within 3 hours of having the same birthday for both offspring! The kids'll probably be happy over the years they don't have to share it....

Congratulations to the parents and you.

Now the spoiling begins anew!

Archived