SASS Wire Forum

WTB Lever action

Looking for lever action to fill my needs. Im looking for something that can be used in wild bunch also. I don't mind a decent Rossi or 1894. Has to be 40 cal or bigger and hold 10 rds that's about it.

I don't need anything slicked up or worked on. I'm a gunsmith so that I can do myself if needed.

Please I hate to sound rude. I don't need anything that's well over MSRP or used Rossi for 800 dollars. I don't mind if if has other items with it to make it higher price.

1 hour ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Bud,

I have a nice JM Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum with a 24 in. barrel. Gun is nice. I will trade it for you .22 and $600.00. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

Says you can't receive messages 

On 7/28/2022 at 3:40 PM, Flat Top Okie said:

Hi Bud,

I have a nice JM Marlin 1894 in .44 magnum with a 24 in. barrel. Gun is nice. I will trade it for you .22 and $600.00. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Flat Top Okie

That must be one nice 22 pistol! 

7 hours ago, Flat Top Okie said:

Bud,

I don't know what is wrong with the message system. Email me at flattopokie@gmail.com if you are interested in trading your .22 pistol for the Marlin.

Flat Top 

Sent an email 

I have that 1873 in 45 Colt that I'd take 900 for.  Couple small cart dings in the forend, but a very few (and only smokeless)  rounds through it. I bought it new and almost immediately switched to 44-40. Been to about four matches and sitting in the safe ever since. 

2 hours ago, Dallas McPewPew said:

I have that 1873 in 45 Colt that I'd take 900 for.  Couple small cart dings in the forend, but a very few (and only smokeless)  rounds through it. I bought it new and almost immediately switched to 44-40. Been to about four matches and sitting in the safe ever since. 

We talked before about it. I honestly forgot. But that may be the route I go. 

Years ago I bought out of the Indian Nations Oklahoma the real deal 1892 Winchester Saddle Ring Carbine 38WCF (38/40 Win )

It is in good shape mechanically and is complete including the original sights and saddle ring and is over all a nice patena ..

Note the 38WCF is in fact .401 bore designation

I matched it all up as my first full set of SASS competition setup with a pair of Ruger "Old" Vaquero stainless  4 5/8 barrels in 38 WCF (38/40)

Neat thing about the pistols is they each came with a spare cylinder in 40 S&W ..so practice brass is has almost no cost

I moved to 44 WCF later ..again with and original Winchester 1892 and again a pair of Ruger 44/40's Stainless 4 5/8' barrels

I still shoot the 44WCF's and also deer hunt with the 44WCF so I am keeping them but my vaults are full and I am not shooting the 38 WCF's and they are such a great caliber tradition wise ..they need to go to someone who will appreciate them with steady use ..all three deserve better than being safe "KINGS"

I don't even have pics or thought of fair pricing but your quest reminded me of this on my to do list .. if you are interested let me know 

( I am painting the inside of my house { honey do project} and prepping to sell the above was next

I also have 38WCF brass, bullets, dies and the  Dillon 550RL parts to make it all work nicely that will also be sold

Bear

4 minutes ago, Broken Bear, SASS#58418 said:

Years ago I bought out of the Indian Nations Oklahoma the real deal 1892 Winchester Saddle Ring Carbine 38WCF (38/40 Win )

It is in good shape mechanically and is complete including the original sights and saddle ring and is over all a nice patena ..

Note the 38WCF is in fact .401 bore designation

I matched it all up as my first full set of SASS competition setup with a pair of Ruger "Old" Vaquero stainless  4 5/8 barrels in 38 WCF (38/40)

Neat thing about the pistols is they each came with a spare cylinder in 40 S&W ..so practice brass is has almost no cost

I moved to 44 WCF later ..again with and original Winchester 1892 and again a pair of Ruger 44/40's Stainless 4 5/8' barrels

I still shoot the 44WCF's and also deer hunt with the 44WCF so I am keeping them but my vaults are full and I am not shooting the 38 WCF's and they are such a great caliber tradition wise ..they need to go to someone who will appreciate them with steady use ..all three deserve better than being safe "KINGS"

I don't even have pics or thought of fair pricing but your quest reminded me of this on my to do list .. if you are interested let me know 

( I am painting the inside of my house { honey do project} and prepping to sell the above was next

I also have 38WCF brass, bullets, dies and the  Dillon 550RL parts to make it all work nicely that will also be sold

Bear

Sent you a pm, Broken Bear

Archived