SASS Wire Forum

"The Princess Bride" Ruined That Phrase.

Subdeacon Joe

10 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The most "suspension of disbelief" in the movie.

Grandpa said that this was the book his father would read to him when he was sick. The book was written in 1973. :P

Really? The copyright of the book? Not the giant rats in the burning swamp? Or the Pit Of Despair torture machine? Or the Shrieking Eels?  :lol:

27 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Really? The copyright of the book? Not the giant rats in the burning swamp? Or the Pit Of Despair torture machine? Or the Shrieking Eels?  :lol:

Nope. All that made sense. :D

well , i guess ill have to take it in and decide how i feel after i have first hand knowledge , i went with my gut reaction and it was a totally uninformed bit of response , its why i read these threads - exposure never hurts and always helps prior to formulating an opinion , i need to get informed , 

i am coming back to add that ive not been a fan of rob riener , i like peter falk and that kid has proven to be a great actor , there appears to be a lot of great performers in this one if that trailer is even close , ill catch it down the road when i have the time instead of just disregarding it in kind with no real good reason , 

16 minutes ago, watab kid said:

well , i guess ill have to take it in and decide how i feel after i have first hand knowledge , i went with my gut reaction and it was a totally uninformed bit of response , its why i read these threads - exposure never hurts and always helps prior to formulating an opinion , i need to get informed , 

i am coming back to add that ive not been a fan of rob riener , i like peter falk and that kid has proven to be a great actor , there appears to be a lot of great performers in this one if that trailer is even close , ill catch it down the road when i have the time instead of just disregarding it in kind with no real good reason , 

It may leave you with a smile.

Cary Elwes, who played Westley, wrote this great book.  A must for any fan of the movie.

https://www.amazon.com/As-You-Wish-Inconceivable-Princess/dp/1476764042

The movie bombed at the box office, apparently because the studio didn’t know how to market it.  Adventure?  Fantasy?  Rom-Com?  Children’s?  Nothing fit.

But this was the dawn of video tape stores, and people soon discovered it by accident for what it is, a delightfully unique movie which is unabashedly its own genre, and a simple joy to watch and quote a zillion times over.

Archived