SASS Wire Forum

Do your part

Utah Bob #35998

The last of my McCallan Double Cask 18 YO bottle is being honored.  I had to put my 18 YO Schnauzer to sleep.  She was the puppy that at birth snuggled in my hand, and for days after would crawl in the whelping box to find me.  She let me know it was time, yesterday night we went out back and she just stood for half an hour leaning against my leg.  For the last couple weeks, her body was shutting down and that night, well, she asked for release.  Over the years she bonded with me beyond what any of our other pack dogs ever did.  She was a brave and fine companion. So, tonight, she is honored.  Be well Bob.

Just now, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

The last of my McCallan Double Cask 18 YO bottle is being honored.  I had to put my 18 YO Schnauzer to sleep.  She was the puppy that at birth snuggled in my hand, and for days after would crawl in the whelping box to find me.  She let me know it was time, yesterday night we went out back and she just stood for half an hour leaning against my leg.  For the last couple weeks, her body was shutting down and that night, well, she asked for release.  Over the years she bonded with me beyond what any of our other pack dogs ever did.  She was a brave and fine companion. So, tonight, she is honored.  Be well Bob.

Deepest sympathy, been in a similar place more than a few times.  I always pour a little on the ground as an offering to beloved departed, human or canine.  

43 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Oh, that's rough Bill.  Know it ain't easy.  Ain't easy at all.

Funny, the irony of 18 year old is not lost on me.  We (my wife of 46 years)have had nearly 25 dogs and 10 cats over that time, but this girl, and her sister were from a breeding my wife did to hopefully get a silver and gray Schnauzer female.  Suzi (the recently passed) girl was a beautiful silver girl. Her sister who passed away last year (nearly a year ago to the day) was a jet black tiny girl.  Such fine dogs. Thanks all,  

1 hour ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

I will take a dram in her honor. :(

Archived