SASS Wire Forum

So what the heck is this (Saloon screen issue)?

So howcome on some threads some times there's another annoying "ANNOUNCEMENTS" column to the right of the main screen??  :huh:

Is there a way to turn the danged thing off??  :(

image.thumb.png.bc310a259fe4fd079f3ff83d66367732.png

23 minutes ago, The Blarney Kid said:

I've never had that pop up.

Blarney, open the Sticky Cartoon thread.  Tell us if you see it or not....   :huh:

It looks like Cypress might be on to it.  :mellow:

It's not an actual pop-up... rather, it appears to be a separate column on the right side of the screen that displays basic statistics for threads of over three pages.  Functionally useless information for most of us, but it has the effect of not allowing access to the font settings when posting a reply.

I don't get it on my phone, only on my PC. But I don't get poster info or signatures on my cell phone either. The nice thing with the phone though is I don't have to get out of my recliner.:lol:

Zoom in and it goes away.

On my Apple, "command" with "+" two times makes it go away.

At the moment I can not remember what the equivalent keys are on Windows.

As to "fixing" it, remember that this:

The search index is currently processing. Activity stream results may not be complete.

has been on the site for months. It showed up after a software update. This is something that should be fixed, but I recognize the skill level required to fix without breaking more may not be on staff.

Best not to sweat it, just enjoy this forum. And zoom in to get rid of the sidebar, or zoom out to make it show up. It is more of a "feature" than a bug or software failure.

8 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Blarney, open the Sticky Cartoon thread.  Tell us if you see it or not....   :huh:

It looks like Cypress might be on to it.  :mellow:

Just checked and normal screen.

Not what you are seeing. 

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Just checked and normal screen.

Not what you are seeing. 

Zoom out in a multi-page thread and you will find the "announcement" sidebar on the right:

580818740_ScreenShot2022-07-28at11_45_17AM.thumb.png.79d6840a3a466e026dfcac5be91c9279.png

42 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Doesn't show

4 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

It doesn't show on all threads just certain ones where there are a lot of posts in a short time.

Just now it is appearing on this thread at the top of the page..

If you are using a mobile device it doesn't show on the side but as a link at the bottom of the page.

1 hour ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Just now it is appearing on this thread at the top of the page..

If you are using a mobile device it doesn't show on the side but as a link at the bottom of the page.

Not showing at all to me

Archived