SASS Wire Forum

Fed up with FedEx

Arkie Lee

I've read stories of people dealing with FedEx in the Saloon before.

Bought a 2K limit of sm pistol primers through Brownell's last week when they were in stock.  Needed to replenish some of what I've shot over the last 2 years. 

FedEx decided to deliver a day early on Monday between 11 and 2:35.  They attempted delivery at 11:21 and said they would attempt again today.  I called FedEx yesterday and told them I couldn't return home until 2:15. They tried delivering today at 1:07 and said they would attempt final delivery tomorrow.  Again, I can't be home until 2:15.  I tried to get it diverted to a local FedEx shipper but they won't accept HAZMAT according to Brownell's.  I tried calling FedEx again to try to get them to hold the package until next Monday, when I'm on vacation and was told by their phone voicebot they can't hold HAZMAT at their distribution center.  Now FedEx will only take the call on the shipment if I am the Shipper. 

This really stinks and I guess I'm going to have to write this off to lessons learned and loose my shipping and HAZMAT fees.

Yeah Fed Ex sucks, UPS sucks, USPS sucks.  Not much left except the East Buttcrack, Montana delivery service and they don't deliver outside of East Buttcrack.  Of course you realize the reason Brownell's is using FedEx is because UPS won't deal with certain companies selling gun parts anymore.

Went through the same thing with fedx several times, frustrating!!! Someone at there office told me if I left a signed note on the door they would leave the package…..they did. I have also left notes for them to deliver to the next door neighbor. Lately I just send packages to my parents  house, there more Likely to be home. 
Might try the signed note on the door, nothing to loose at this point. 
LF. 

I hate FedEx, they are impossible to deal with. BUT, Call your distribution center directly NOT the 1-800 number and ask to put a hold on it. They WILL hold it for you. 

JEL

Our problems with Fed[up]Ex is that delivered packages are merely left on the ground at our mailbox which is 200+ feet from the house. :wacko:
Ordered Ryobi equipment from Home Depot online and stupid driver left the original box which clearly shows what's in it, at the road. :angry:
Fortunately, I got it before someone driving down the road didn't stop and swipe it.
Now instead of worrying about porch pirates, it's mailbox road pirates. :(

This is why I try my darndest to buy locally. I know sometime you can't always find what you want but all the delivery services suck big time!! I'd rather drive 50 miles than order online. 

I get calls from FedEx to inform they need a signature to deliver. Never ever have they actually asked for it. I let the dog out and there's the package lying on the garage floor. Didn't even hear them come in the door yard. Been lucky apparently.

Evidently FedEx doesn't like signatures anymore. Driver delivered a package yesterday and I was required to give him my drivers license so he could scan it???????

I think it depends on the driver and how much they want to adhere to the rules . FedX has the contract to deliver all of the Garands for the CMP . The last one I got the driver left at the door . The dogs always alert me when anyone comes in the driveway. But the driver was gone by the time I got to the door , and there was no way to know I was at home. 

On 7/27/2022 at 8:22 AM, Outlaw Gambler said:

Evidently FedEx doesn't like signatures anymore. Driver delivered a package yesterday and I was required to give him my drivers license so he could scan it???????

https://www.fedex.com/en-us/delivery-options/signature-services.html

Try creating a Fedex account online.  UPS lets you sign online before the package is delivered.

The last two orders of primers and powder came FedEx. I got several emails telling me I had to be there to sign for them. Both times they just left them at the door while I watched them from my shop. Fine with me. 

Archived