SASS Wire Forum

You think pineapple pizza is bad

Alpo

Harkens back to bartending days.

Two of the oddest drinks I ever had to make:

1. Sloe gin and milk,

2. Lime vodka and root beer.

And yes they had several during the evening, so it was no accident.

The plus side was:

I didn't have to drink it,

And the patron was a generous tipper.

For strange pizza I pick Captain Tony's pizza on the Plaza Las Glorias docks.  In the 90's we used to go to Cabo every year.  By chance we discovered Captain Tony's and the house special had white garlic sauce with cream cheese, salmon & capers.  We all liked it & remembered to order them on subsequent trips.  When Hawaii air fares became cheaper we stopped going to Cabo.

On 8/8/2022 at 7:38 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

Bet the guy had an ulcer or hiatal hernia.  My dad drank his Jim Beam and milk for years because of a hiatal hernia.  

In one of Wambaugh's early books (THE CHOIR BOYS, I think) these two cops go out in a wagon to pick up street walkers. Some of the hookers persuade the cops to stop by the liquor store and pick up a bottle of scotch, and stop by a grocery and get a quart of milk. And then all the hookers are drinking scotch and milk. And the cops finally let the hookers loose, because they figured if they went back to the station with a wagonload of drunk whores they'd probably be in trouble.

And I read that and I thought, "Scotch and milk!??!!?? Oh my God!"

I was in my early twenties, and that just sounded nasty.

1 minute ago, Alpo said:

In one of Wambaugh's early books (THE CHOIR BOYS, I think) these two cops go out in a wagon to pick up street walkers. Some of the hookers persuade the cops to stop by the liquor store and pick up a bottle of scotch, and stop by a grocery and get a quart of milk. And then all the hookers are drinking scotch and milk. And the cops finally let the hookers loose, because they figured if they went back to the station with a wagonload of drunk whores they'd probably be in trouble.

And I read that and I thought, "Scotch and milk!??!!?? Oh my God!"

I was in my early twenties, and that just sounded nasty.

In my NYC days back in the late '60's Scotch and milk was characterized as a hooker's drink, never knew why.  Heard the term from the NYPD guys who I worked out with at the Dojo.

Archived