SASS Wire Forum

You think pineapple pizza is bad

Alpo

Got an ad in the mail today. Pizza with dill pickles and ranch dressing.

2144154715_IMG_20220726_1216524912.thumb.jpg.68f54b8912136229878f095e32dd5ac5.jpg

Made me throw up a little bit in my mouth, just thinking about it.

I'll stick with the pineapple, please

1 hour ago, Dusty Wyatt said:

Heck, I like pineapple pizza. But then, I'm married to a Hawaiian. 

Over/under this side of the fishin'hole we usually call a ham and pineapple pizza a "Hawaiian" ........ :wub:

4 hours ago, Dusty Wyatt said:

Heck, I like pineapple pizza. But then, I'm married to a Hawaiian. 

I don't think I've ever personally known anybody who did not like pineapple and Canadian bacon pizza.  It akways seems to disappear first.

37 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Alpo, my friend, would you please email this pizza message to me.  My computer doesn't want to let me do it from this site and I have a Sicilian friend who really needs to see this.

Thanks.

I'd be happy to email you the picture, if I had your email address. B)

Why is it so hard to find just plain ole frozen hamburger pizza nowadays?  Has the "woke generation" abolished it for some reason? 

6 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Good idea to remove that email addy. Although google has already stashed it away

Barney Google?

image.jpeg.550f77d141d049f665122cc92c51f8b1.jpeg

Pickles?  On a pizza?  On purpose? 

Not happening.

Don't like pineapple on pizza that much either.  If ti's there, I'll eat it- but I ain't ordering it that way.

On the other hand, raw broccoli is  surprisingly good on a pizza.

If you like pineapple, or pickles, or sauerkraut on your pizza, go for it.

If you don't like those things, don't order them.   Simple.

What someone else likes or doesn't like doesn't make my life better or worse.   I don't understand why people get so het-up about it.

11 hours ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Pickles?  On a pizza?  On purpose? 

Not happening.

Don't like pineapple on pizza that much either.  If ti's there, I'll eat it- but I ain't ordering it that way.

On the other hand, raw broccoli is  surprisingly good on a pizza.

John, I have to agree with President Bush The First on that.  Broccoli may be good for you....but it won't be good for me because I won't deliberately eat it.

5 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

John, I have to agree with President Bush The First on that.  Broccoli may be good for you....but it won't be good for me because I won't deliberately eat it.

Just need to steam it and top it with my spicy cheese sauce.  I could likely get away with serving the sauce on rabbit turds!

3 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

If you like pineapple, or pickles, or sauerkraut on your pizza, go for it.

If you don't like those things, don't order them.   Simple.

What someone else likes or doesn't like doesn't make my life better or worse.   I don't understand why people get so het-up about it.

Ah, but see, “pineapple on pizza” lovers are like vegans or EV drivers. You can’t just say “No thank you”. You must withstand a litany of reasons why pineapple on pizza is good and how you should try it again…

So, I head it off at the pass and insult them soundly so they won’t talk to me about their eating habits. 

People’s palates and the discussion thereof have become like drunks who just found religion. Damned annoying! 

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

or EV drivers. You can’t just say “No thank you”. You must withstand

Hmmmmm...

Most of the EV drivers I know don't demand explanations.  They will, however, respond to the litany of lies, half truths, and distortions that almost instantly follow when someone finds out you drive an EV, "You know that you're killing dozens of Congolese two year olds, don't you?   And it takes 27,000 tons of coal to produce enough electricity for you to drive around the block!"

8 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

pineapple on pizza” lovers are like

I was pondering this on my way home from w**k in my EV.

Many of the people who vilify pineapple on pizza love the same basic fruity/sweet/spicy flavor profile on ribs and other BBQ or grilled pork products.

2 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Hmmmmm...

Most of the EV drivers I know don't demand explanations.  They will, however, respond to the litany of lies, half truths, and distortions that almost instantly follow when someone finds out you drive an EV, "You know that you're killing dozens of Congolese two year olds, don't you?   And it takes 27,000 tons of coal to produce enough electricity for you to drive around the block!"

Hell will freeze before I go that way - Amish first.  They can't meet electricity needs now, wind and solar are bogus and they are shutting down virtually every other power source, fossil fuels, Hydro and nuclear.  Add the electric cars, just another drain and disastrous  constraint on freedom. You may want to sit in the dark freezing or sweltering, but I sure don't, and won't. 

Pat, you could insult someone"? Say it ain't so.  It can't be.  Impossible!

Joe, I don't  want one.  I don't need a reason, won't offer any opinions, and won't sit still for over a tenth of a second if someone wants to argue about.

My money, my life, my choice.

No offense.  Choices and different tastes are why ice cream comes in so many flavors. 

21 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Hell will freeze before I go that way - Amish first.  They can't meet electricity needs now, wind and solar are bogus and they are shutting down virtually every other power source, fossil fuels, Hydro and nuclear.  Add the electric cars, just another drain and disastrous  constraint on freedom. You may want to sit in the dark freezing or sweltering, but I sure don't, and won't. 

Thank you for making part of my point for me. Mention EVs and get an instant diatribe.

5 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... now you are just being silly .......  <_<

Nope, break it into small florets, put it on raw on top of the sauce and then cover it with mozzarella.  It soaks up a bit of the sauce flavor as it cooks in the oven since the cheese is on top.

So basically, it's an Eye-talian version of rip's spicy cheese sauce but- with more tomato.

I learned about it from a mom and pop pizzeria in Auburn in the early '90's.  Brand X Pizza (white pizza box with a big red X over the center) had the best sauce I've ever had on a store bought pie and would put ANYTHING you wanted on a pie.  If they didn't have it, they'd send one of the delivery drivers down to Kroger Io get it.  My order got mixed up one night and i got one with broccoli on it- but didn't notice until I'd already ate a slice.  Come to find out, I liked it, so I started ordering it on my pies.

7 minutes ago, Smuteye John SASS#24774 said:

Nope, break it into small florets, put it on raw on top of the sauce and then cover it with mozzarella.  It soaks up a bit of the sauce flavor as it cooks in the oven since the cheese is on top.

So basically, it's an Eye-talian version of rip's spicy cheese sauce but- with more tomato.

I learned about it from a mom and pop pizzeria in Auburn in the early '90's.  Brand X Pizza (white pizza box with a big red X over the center) had the best sauce I've ever had on a store bought pie and would put ANYTHING you wanted on a pie.  If they didn't have it, they'd send one of the delivery drivers down to Kroger Io get it.  My order got mixed up one night and i got one with broccoli on it- but didn't notice until I'd already ate a slice.  Come to find out, I liked it, so I started ordering it on my pies.

Flash back to Tomato Pies in Clancy's Swagger series!

2 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Thank you for making part of my point for me. Mention EVs and get an instant diatribe.

I don't currently have an EV.  If you give me one, I'll drive it, after I learn how, where and when to charge it.  Otherwise, I wasnt looking for new vehicles.

Archived