SASS Wire Forum

A FIRST FOR ME!!!

DocWard

I think I may have just had some part in getting a thread deleted! I think that's a first! I don't know whether to strut around with pride, hang my head in shame, hang my head in pride or strut around in shame.

Oh well, onward to other topics of discussion. Did I mention I got a new shotgun? Wait, yes I did. Hmmm... In other news, I'd still share a beverage of choice with any of you, even the ones I disagree with. Except tequila. Sorry, just not a fan. I'll buy a pour for you and get me something else though.

2 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

First for me too.  And I started the thread I believe you’re referring.  

My news is wife and I are going to Paris, France come Friday.  

Wonderful news. Take care, be safe, and do enjoy!

If they get back to their censorship from years past, before Misty rebooted everything, they'll have another mass exodus. The forums have never recovered from the previous crazy censorship, and now they're tuning up again. SMH at how history repeats itself.

On 7/25/2022 at 9:28 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

What thread?? 

My great recent First Time Experience was ...

... replacing the porcelain throne ...

She Who Must Be Obeyed decreed she wished to view the world from a loftier seat.

I dreaded the job, imagining my decrepit old geriatric spine arched over with the weight of a slick, heavy, awkward Porcelain Pot, trying to get it lined up just right, knowing I would have one, and only one, chance to set it correctly on the softened wax seal.

(It worked, which explains the great gusting sound you heard in the distance afterward ... my profound sigh of relief!)

Oh, and just now, any snarls, growls and groans were me ... just saw my hot water tank is leaking ... pardon me, water's shut off, propane's shut off, the Wet Dry Vac is earning its pay and I'm trying to rescue some proud-ofs I'd forgot I left on the basement floor!

(Cardboard, thus far, the only casualty!)

On 7/25/2022 at 9:28 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Oooooo...time to collect some more European lead soldiers.....

LL

1 hour ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Oooooo...time to collect some more European lead soldiers.....

LL

We can melt them down for round balls like in The Patriot! 

16 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Also my first thought.  

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

War is hell...especially when your best French General de Brigade Verdier is killed leading the assault.  It was an honorable death! :(

(Note: Each figure represents 20 men and each cannon model represents two guns.  General figures represent the general and his staff.)

image.thumb.png.1a0503eec163ddb18a1322fcc5a52b52.png

image.thumb.png.40cffa615d235a8f08a7ab1962393265.png

image.thumb.png.7c4c77a821463e73c05e258251d46afb.png

image.thumb.png.e6868733be865e507895510eebb2f754.png

1 hour ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

War is hell...especially when your best French General de Brigade Verdier is killed leading the assault.  It was an honorable death! :(

(Note: Each figure represents 20 men and each cannon model represents two guns.  General figures represent the general and his staff.)

image.thumb.png.40cffa615d235a8f08a7ab1962393265.png

Those are some fascinating photos, and I know if I were present, I would marvel at them in person. In all seriousness, I tip my hat to you and your work in your hobby!

However, the above photo did happen to catch my eye. When does the warp drive kick in?

14 minutes ago, DocWard said:

Those are some fascinating photos, and I know if I were present, I would marvel at them in person. In all seriousness, I tip my hat to you and your work in your hobby!

However, the above photo did happen to catch my eye. When does the warp drive kick in?

When he says "Make it so".......or "Engage".

LL

33 minutes ago, DocWard said:

No, no, no!  You've got to stay in the historical period!!  I run folks off that do otherwise! :P

Note: General Verdier (the figure killed in the my little game) was an actual French Napoleonic general and his name is on the Arc de Triomphe.  We are visiting good friends and also one of my cousins in Paris.  My friend's last name is Verdier.  Bernie Verdier was born in Paris, immigrated to America as a boy, and is a retired U.S. Army LTC.   They stay in Paris for about four months a year.   My wife and I plan to leave for Paris Friday morning and back home August 15.

5 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

The thread about where my friend who posted an anti-2nd Amendment post.

Okay thanks, I remember that!

12 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

When he says "Make it so".......or "Engage".

LL

That's why I was asking! In that photo it said "ENGAGE" as plain as day!

11 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

No, no, no!  You've got to stay in the historical period!!  I run folks off that do otherwise! :P[/quote]

See my response to Loophole!

11 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Note: General Verdier (the figure killed in the my little game) was an actual French Napoleonic general and his name is on the Arc de Triomphe.  We are visiting good friends and also one of my cousins in Paris.  My friend's last name is Verdier.  Bernie Verdier was born in Paris, immigrated to America as a boy, and is a retired U.S. Army LTC.   They stay in Paris for about four months a year.   My wife and I plan to leave for Paris Friday morning and back home August 15.

Will you be doing any battle site touring or anything of the sort? If so, I hope for pictures!

I think the thing that bugs me with these removed posts & threads is the way it’s done. There appears to be no communication as to why. No messages sent to offenders as to why and the thread just disappears. 
Also, certain people get away with saying things others do not. 

That’s all I will say on the matter and I will not explain my statements here. 

I agree with Pat...    Some of the memes I posted that were all deleted, are still currently on display by others who have since posted the same....   Guess I will just lay low and not be stalked as a trouble maker....   Already got kicked out of church because my daughters went to the college age class of Bible study rather than the class they would have been in at the time....

3 hours ago, DocWard said:

That's why I was asking! In that photo it said "ENGAGE" as plain as day!

The “ENGAGE” marker in the game is one of the available commands that a Division commander issues to one of his Brigade commanders.  

The rules I use to play my Napoleonic miniatures games provides excellent simulations of command and control.  Corps commanders command their Division commanders, Division commanders command their Brigade commanders, and Brigade commanders command their Battalions. The complexities are too detailed to talk about here, but again the rules do provide realistic results.   There is the friction and fog of war.  The excellent rule set I use is called, “General de Brigade.”  It’s all just too much fun pushing my little lead toy soldiers around on my little battlefields! ^_^

15 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

My wife and I plan to leave for Paris Friday morning and back home August 15.

Safe travels.

Better plan for some delays.  Lots of airport workers around Europe are on strike. This is causing havoc with schedules and generating lots of lost luggage claims.

3 hours ago, Gracos Kid said:

I agree with Pat...    Some of the memes I posted that were all deleted, are still currently on display by others who have since posted the same....   Guess I will just lay low and not be stalked as a trouble maker....   Already got kicked out of church because my daughters went to the college age class of Bible study rather than the class they would have been in at the time....

I’m not sure what to say about any of the above. Although a little misbehavin’ from time to time has a certain appeal. 

I take that back, I do have something to say about that last part. I’m not a Christian, but it seems to me if you got kicked out of a church for that, then they were doing you a favor, and you have the ability to find a congregation more fitted to your beliefs and style of worship.

Archived