SASS Wire Forum

Winchester sighting

Tex Jones, SASS 2263

Stopped by the local gun store and lo and behold, cases of Winchester AA 129 (1145 fps) and AAFL128 (feather lights) on the floor as you enter the store.  $13.99 a box or $140 a case.  Prices haven't come down, but it appears there is some availability.   For those interested, the store is Cabin Fever in Victoria, MN.

Scheels up here has WW LRLN for $110 percase along with other AA 's     Heard they had a shipment  shared from St Cloud thru the Dakptas  GW

1 hour ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Stopped by the local gun store and lo and behold, cases of Winchester AA 129 (1145 fps) and AAFL128 (feather lights) ...

Small correction, the LNLR are AA12FL8

50 minutes ago, G W Wade said:

Scheels up here has WW LRLN for $110 percase along with other AA 's     Heard they had a shipment  shared from St Cloud thru the Dakptas  GW

These days, that's quite good.  Lowest price I've heard.

There’s a gun shop here that had AA  low noise low recoil for $15.99 a box!

No thanks I reload!!

11 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No thanks I reload!!

I reload, too.  But if I can't get primers it would be nice to find the LNLR on the shelf.

I haven't been looking myself but I have been asking others who have, and there's not much to be found in my area (either primers or Win AA LNLR).

Have seen AA's all over around home.

Wal-Mart pretty much always has them.

It's the Remington STS or Gun Club I can't find. 

Nobody around us seems to have those.   

45 minutes ago, Anvil Al #59168 said:

Have seen AA's all over around home.

Wal-Mart pretty much always has them.

It's the Remington STS or Gun Club I can't find. 

Nobody around us seems to have those.   

I've seen AAs - heavy target and other "high" velocity loads.  No LNLR.

19 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

No thanks I reload!!

My black powder are all reloads, thanks Hooligan.  But, I buy the smokeless.  I still have a couple of cases of the Win AAs LNLR as I shoot black at almost all of my matches these days.  I still shoot smokeless at some monthlies just to keep those firearms in the rotation.

Well, I got 1,000 Cheddite primers today for $75 OTD. 

Could have bought more but (1) I've never used them, though I've read good reviews here on the Wire and (2) I'm not in dire need so I'm not going to buy just because I can.

I generally use an '87 and with all its perceived disadvantages I can shoot the cheapest shells through it, no need for smooth hulls. An unintended win for the '87. :D But yeah, I'll load BP with the hulls I have collected over the years before I'd pay with tax $15/box for shotshells to shoot in my SxS. Yuk. Plus BP is mostest funnest anyway.

IE sg primers, You can get cheddites at Brownells.com 100% reliable. I've been using them for many years. 

2 hours ago, Preacherman said:

IE sg primers, You can get cheddites at Brownells.com 100% reliable. I've been using them for many years. 

YEP!!!

Part of the Winchester booth at the Grand National in Sparta.  Remington, Federal and othes are also there.  With 5,000 competitors they will burn up a LOT of shotshells.

d21c3410-4ddb-4d2c-9e77-b8e91b122ca5-jpeg.1818544.jpeg.9432ecda2b00a59d2f72240f94f6edea.jpeg

Archived