SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOWDOWN 2023

Major Art Tillery

9 minutes ago, Lodan B. Fast said:

Alright Marie Laveau and myself are both signed up for CC and CG. We both want to shoot Old school but no place to check that on the entry form. Let me know if I need to call Howlin wolf or if you are in charge of that. Can’t wait, see ya in June. 

Nope your good, I am keeping track of that.  I will put you folks on the list.  Looking forward to seeing you two again.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/23/2022 at 6:42 AM, Johnny Knight said:

FYI, chatting with Colonel Lou, looks like he'll be joining us also, so you can add him to the list for classic.  He said he's likely to be shooting smokeless.

I will get them added, thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So what kind of CC categories would you folks like to see at the 2023 Showdown?

- Buckle for Top Classic (Sponsored)

- Ol Skool Buckle (Sponsored)

- 1860 Henry CC Challenge buckle?

- Black Powder CC Buckle?

- Senior CC Buckle?

- Classic Cowgirl Buckle?

- Top five conchos?

Remember the Showdown awards have been Classic Cowboy Sponsored since the beginning... The host clubs do not help with these awards.  The generosity of many fine classics have helped turn this event into a great success!

If anyone would like to help or sponsor an award... Please holler at me.  We can talk about getting it done.   

Thanks!

M.A.T.

On 12/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

So what kind of CC categories would you folks like to see at the 2023 Showdown?

- Buckle for Top Classic (Sponsored)

- Ol Skool Buckle (Sponsored)

- 1860 Henry CC Challenge buckle?

- Black Powder CC Buckle?

- Senior CC Buckle?

- Classic Cowgirl Buckle?

- Top five conchos?

Remember the Showdown awards have been Classic Cowboy Sponsored since the beginning... The host clubs do not help with these awards.  The generosity of many fine classics have helped turn this event into a great success!

If anyone would like to help or sponsor an award... Please holler at me.  We can talk about getting it done.   

Thanks!

M.A.T.

Howdy Major. Since the Classic categories have a costuming requirement I would like to see awards at the Showdown for best costume cowboy & cowgirl. 

2 hours ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

Howdy Major. Since the Classic categories have a costuming requirement I would like to see awards at the Showdown for best costume cowboy & cowgirl. 

Actually you have been missing out on that little award Chili.  So the past two years we have given out a custom made Wild Rag Slide for the Classic Cowboy that just plain 'Looks The Part'.  We call it the Classic Cowboy Swagger Award.

That award bounces back and forth from The Classic Cowboy Showdown and Throwdown. With it being given away at the Throwdown this year.

You can see what it looks like with this artwork from Molly's 

FB_IMG_1671420071282.thumb.jpg.85184e7c6e4a42d68bc1d2bec4b8707b.jpg

16 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Actually you have been missing out on that little award Chili.  So the past two years we have given out a custom made Wild Rag Slide for the Classic Cowboy that just plain 'Looks The Part'.  We call it the Classic Cowboy Swagger Award.

That award bounces back and forth from The Classic Cowboy Showdown and Throwdown. With it being given away at the Throwdown this year.

You can see what it looks like with this artwork from Molly's 

FB_IMG_1671420071282.thumb.jpg.85184e7c6e4a42d68bc1d2bec4b8707b.jpg

Cool! I didn't know that.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy all you Classics!

Well I have had a tremendous amount of support this year for award at The 2023 Classic Cowboy Showdown!  I want to thank everyone of you that have graciously helped out with this, you all are the best and are the reason I love this category!  

Thanks to the efforts of fellow classics we now have awards for the following:

Classic Cowboy (Buckle)

(4)Classic Cowboy "Top 5" (Conchos)

Senior Classic Cowboy (Buckle)

Black Powder Classic Cowboy (Buckle)

Ol Skool Classic Cowboy (Buckle)

Classic Cowgirl (Buckle)

Remember these awards and categories are sponsored by fellow Classics for the Showdown, they may differ from what the host club has offered.  Just sign up as classic on entry forum... But contact me with any specific Classic Category you are shooting for.   SENIOR... OL SKOOL...BLACK POWDER...ect. 

I will keep a list of who is shooting what for the Showdown, so make sure to contact me.  

Thanks all and look forward to seeing you all in June!

Buckle Artwork is back from Molly's! These are going to look great! Look forward to seeing all you Classics in June! Get signed up if you haven't done it yet!

1101718855_178315178315_pdf.28d080e16baa3993cbb6e4cee7211c8f.thumb.jpg.501e8402fe13c349f7fb5e4af18b2a3c.jpg

The Battle At Adobe Walls

June 22nd - 24th, 2023

The Wolfpack Ranch

Home of the High Plains Highwaymen

Cowboy Action Shooting club located in Pampa, TX

https://www.highplainshighwaymen.com/home

Entry

https://www.highplainshighwaymen.com/battle-at-adobe-walls

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Buckles and Conchos are almost finished up at Molly's Custom Silver! Will post photos once they arrive.

This year, with the help and support of several classics, the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown will have $700 worth of custom bling!

Get signed up folks! This event is in conjunction with the "Battle at Adobe Walls" held in Pampa, TX

Major does a great job of ram-rodding this but it's ALL the Classic Cowboys shooting together, making fun of gunfighters etc, that make this event a ton of fun!

If'n you've been wanting to attend one of these CC Showdowns, this year's match will be in Texas and I'm betting the best yet!

****NEWS FLASH****

CALLING ALL CLASSIC COWGIRLS!

THERE HAS BEEN A NEW BUCKLE SPONSORED FOR THE SHOWDOWN!

THIS ONE WILL BE FOR THE TOP CLASSIC COWGIRL SHOOTING BLACK POWDER!!

SO ANY BLACK POWDER SHOOTING COWGIRLS OUT THERE?  GRAB THEM IRONS AND GET SIGNED UP FOR THE SHOWDOWN!

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Major

Great looking Buckles and Conchos !!!

I booked my lodging last Thursday.  To update your sub category list I will be shooting smokie stuff :ph34r: and am more than old enough to qualify for senior. :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to this gathering. 

Scout

42 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Cowboy Bling up for grabs at this year's Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown!!   Are you signed up?

PSX_20230312_202947.thumb.jpg.04b8216d1cb14a48a53db154a72f7574.jpg

Those are pure class Major, well done!

21 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Hey Major

Great looking Buckles and Conchos !!!

I booked my lodging last Thursday.  To update your sub category list I will be shooting smokie stuff :ph34r: and am more than old enough to qualify for senior. :rolleyes:

Really looking forward to this gathering. 

Scout

Ok I will put you down for Black Powder... Looking forward to seeing ya!

21 hours ago, Silver Creek Jack said:

Those are pure class Major, well done!

Thank you, could not have down it without a lot of classic shooters support!

May have to make some changes in my shootin style.Had a Stroke last week.Only problem I am having now is my Left hand.My Trigger finger & Hammer thumb not workin just rite.Having a crossdraw holster made now.I've been using left hand to load SGHave to work around that.Maybe everything will be back by the shoot.

Largo

1 hour ago, largo casey #19191 said:

May have to make some changes in my shootin style.Had a Stroke last week.Only problem I am having now is my Left hand.My Trigger finger & Hammer thumb not workin just rite.Having a crossdraw holster made now.I've been using left hand to load SGHave to work around that.Maybe everything will be back by the shoot.

Largo

Hope you recover OK from your stroke.  I had a mini-stroke almost 2 years ago now.  Was pretty scary.

On 3/14/2023 at 12:01 PM, largo casey #19191 said:

Largo

Dang Largo, that sucks!  I hope your on the mend pard!  

Colonel Lou is Comin from EL Paso, thanks to Johnny Knight.  Should be a blast.  

3 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Great!  What classic Sub Category you shooting pard?

Not old enough for a senior category and not shootin BP yet, so Classic Cowboy as my Drivers License says......

MajDoing better.The only after affects I have now is my left hand.No real grip yet.Probably have to go a Crossdraw.Been loading my SG with left hand.Have to work on it with my right.

Otherwise I am doing great.

Largo

Archived