SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOWDOWN 2023

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 11/3/2022 at 9:21 AM, Johnny Knight said:

Looking to make it out for this one.  Out of curiosity, how many folks shoot BP for this?  Just starting to work up options between real black and APP.

Regards,

Johnny

There is always a few that tackle it with BP... Hoping to have someone offer up to sponsor a BP buckle.  Be good to have you join us at the showdown!

Done. :D

I'm signed up but have a question.  This year 2022 the schedule was Friday Wild bunch and Side Matches then main match 5 stages Saturday and 5 stages Sunday.  No schedule shown yet for 2023 but the registration lists June 20th - 24th, and in 2023 the 20th is a Tuesday, 21st Wednesday, 22nd Thursday, 23rd Friday and 24th Saturday.  do you know if they are shooting Wild Bunch Tuesday and Wednesday, Side matches thursday and then main match Friday and Saturday?

Inquiring minds would like to know so plans and accomodations may be made. ;) :P

18 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I'm signed up but have a question.  This year 2022 the schedule was Friday Wild bunch and Side Matches then main match 5 stages Saturday and 5 stages Sunday.  No schedule shown yet for 2023 but the registration lists June 20th - 24th, and in 2023 the 20th is a Tuesday, 21st Wednesday, 22nd Thursday, 23rd Friday and 24th Saturday.  do you know if they are shooting Wild Bunch Tuesday and Wednesday, Side matches thursday and then main match Friday and Saturday?

Inquiring minds would like to know so plans and accomodations may be made. ;) :P

From their Facebook post:

Tentative Schedule:

June 20-21: 8 Stage Wild Bunch Match (4 stages each day)

June 22: Warm-Ups & Side Matches

June 23-24: Main Match

June 24th: Awards Banquet Dinner

27 minutes ago, Cibola Al said:

From their Facebook post:

Tentative Schedule:

June 20-21: 8 Stage Wild Bunch Match (4 stages each day)

June 22: Warm-Ups & Side Matches

June 23-24: Main Match

June 24th: Awards Banquet Dinner

Thanks for confirming!  I do not do Facebook so was just guessing.

27 minutes ago, Johnny Knight said:

All signed up.  Even signed up for the wild bunch side match, on the assumption I'll pick up a 1911 between now and then.  Looking forward to seeing folks!

Johnny

Great!   Are you shooting BP Classic Cowboy?

I will make a notation on the list and maybe we can get a buckle donated for it this year!

Ideally I'll be shooting BP, still getting set up for it.  I've got a pair of Ruger Bisley's in 44-40 being worked up by Boomstick atm to end up with 6 1/2" barrels (seemed like the right length to me.  Also, picked up an 1873 in 44-40 to go with it that still needs to be cleaned up.  Last piece of the puzzle is to load up some shotgun in BP, which I haven't done yet, but have the brass shells to do so with.  Assuming I get the loads all worked out in the next few months, I'll be shooting black at the showdown.

Regards

I’ll probably shoot the “Ol Skool” sub category if that’s still a thing. Major, you going to update The who’s coming list soon?

On 11/20/2022 at 7:30 AM, Cibola Al said:

I’ll probably shoot the “Ol Skool” sub category if that’s still a thing. Major, you going to update The who’s coming list soon?

Yeah, I will try and get that done today sometime.   At least with who I have heard from.    I will try and get a list from the Host club as Well.

Current "Who's Coming List" based on the information I currently have.   If you need added, or info changed met me know!

Silver Creek Jack  (KS)

Dantankerous (KS)

Jax T (TX)

Cowtown Scout (TX)

Largo Casey (NM) *BP

Ruby Red Rider (TX) *CCG

Bulldog Brown (KS)

Major Art Tillery (KS) *Ol' Skool

Johnny Knight (TX) *BP

Cibola Al (NM) * Ol Skool

8 hours ago, Johnny Knight said:

Newer shooter here, so what constitutes Ol Skool as it relates to classic?

Sub category unique to this year’s Showdown:

“For the first time we will be offering an "Ol Skool" buckle in the CC Category at the 2023 CC SHOWDOWN!

"Ol Skool" Classic Category: Shooters of non - 1873 Single Action Army and Clone pistols. Eligible pistols include but not limited to, Remington '75s, Schofield's, '72 Open Tops, '58 Remington Conversion, '60 Richard/Mason Conversion, Ruger Old Armies, and any Cap N Ball revolver of .36 caliber or Larger.  Must shoot non-1873 SAAs for entire match.

So if you wanna try something different, dust off them Ol Skool pistols and get signed up when entries are available!”

16 minutes ago, Cibola Al said:

Sub category unique to this year’s Showdown:

“For the first time we will be offering an "Ol Skool" buckle in the CC Category at the 2023 CC SHOWDOWN!

"Ol Skool" Classic Category: Shooters of non - 1873 Single Action Army and Clone pistols. Eligible pistols include but not limited to, Remington '75s, Schofield's, '72 Open Tops, '58 Remington Conversion, '60 Richard/Mason Conversion, Ruger Old Armies, and any Cap N Ball revolver of .36 caliber or Larger.  Must shoot non-1873 SAAs for entire match.

So if you wanna try something different, dust off them Ol Skool pistols and get signed up when entries are available!”

Thanks for posting the info.

4 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Thanks for posting the info.

You probably can’t tell, but I’m pretty pumped about this gig. My only concern is that my trailer doesn’t have AC (only a vent fan) and I’m guessing TX in late June gets pretty warm.

On 11/22/2022 at 8:44 AM, Cibola Al said:

You probably can’t tell, but I’m pretty pumped about this gig. My only concern is that my trailer doesn’t have AC (only a vent fan) and I’m guessing TX in late June gets pretty warm.

Yeah it may get a little warm I expect.   Glad your excited to attend, we try to have a great together at the Showdowns!

Alright Marie Laveau and myself are both signed up for CC and CG. We both want to shoot Old school but no place to check that on the entry form. Let me know if I need to call Howlin wolf or if you are in charge of that. Can’t wait, see ya in June. 

Archived