SASS Wire Forum

CLASSIC COWBOY/COWGIRL SHOWDOWN 2023

Major Art Tillery

Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown 2023

The Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Showdown is once again hitting a different cowboy action shooting range for 2023.

This will be the 7th Showdown, since it began at The Butterfield Gulch Gang in 2017.

The idea of this event has been to get the largest gathering of classic shooters together as I possibly could, and each year those numbers get bigger! Growing from 8 classics in 2017 to 27 classics shooting in 2022, it has been an incredible journey so far!

This event jumps around and is ran in conjunction with another SASS clubs annual event... usually coming back to my home club, The Butterfield Gulch Gang,every other year.

I am proud to announce that for 2023 The CC SHOWDOWN will be held in conjunction with:

The Battle At Adobe Walls

June 22nd - 24th, 2023

The Wolfpack Ranch

Home of the High Plains Highwaymen

Cowboy Action Shooting club located in Pampa, TX

https://www.highplainshighwaymen.com/home

Entry

https://www.highplainshighwaymen.com/battle-at-adobe-walls

Really looking forward to coming to this range, it looks like a great place and for 2022 this annual SOLD OUT... So get them those entries in quick when the entries become available!

There will be some excellent awards up for grabs for this event, I will be putting up a CUSTOM buckle to be awarded to the top classic!  In years past we have even had buckles for Senior Classic, BP Classic, Classic Cowgirl, 1860 Henry  and many more awards!  All these awards are possible, because of the great support and generosity I receive from other that shoot this great category!  Their support has helped make this event legendary! THANK YOU ALL!

I will update what awards we will have as they become available!

If your a classic shooters, don't miss out on this event, and check back often for updates!

If you have any suggestions or would like to donate/help give me a shout at:

majorarttillery@gmail.com

I will start a "Who's Coming List" as folks commit to attending.

Thanks for all the support of the past several years!

(Group photo of most of the attending classics for 2022)

PSX_20220725_104408.thumb.jpg.ff819ff34a75bb14c479de3813b22c7e.jpg

-Who's Coming List-

Ain't Dunit - Ol' Skool

Calamity DiBar - CCG

Cibola Al - Ol' Skool

Colonel Lou

Cowtown Scout -BP

Dantankerous - BP

Frosty Mac

Gunsmoke Cowboy - CC

Half-a-hand Henri - CCG

Iron Tomahawk Kid - Senior 

Jax T - Ol' Skool

Johnny Knight - BP

Kansas Flatlander - Senior 

Largo Casey - BP

Long Ranger - CC

Major Art Tillery - Ol' Skool

Medicine Creek Kid

Mo No Name - CC

Nikel Outlaw - Senior

OK Dirty Dan - CC

Pony Soldier - Ol' Skool

Silver Creek Jack - Senior 

SilverLocks - CCG

Singin' Sue - CCG BP

Thistlewhiskers McBain

Travelin' Travis - Senior

Young's Angel

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya talked me into it. :D

You know I'm in major. I'm also in for helping on the awards. Give me a holler and let me know what you need.

Jax T

Already getting some more awards being offered up for the CC Showdown! 

For the first time we will be offering an "Ol Skool" buckle in the CC Category at the 2023 CC SHOWDOWN!

"Ol Skool" Classic Category: Shooters of non - 1873 Single Action Army and Clone pistols. Eligible pistols include but not limited to, Remington '75s, Schofield's, '72 Open Tops, '58 Remington Conversion, '60 Richard/Mason Conversion, Ruger Old Armies, and any Cap N Ball revolver of .36 caliber or Larger.  Must shoot non-1873 SAAs for entire match.

So if you wanna try something different, dust off them Ol Skool pistols and get signed up when entries are available!

3 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Already getting some more awards being offered up for the CC Showdown! 

For the first time we will be offering an "Ol Skool" buckle in the CC Category at the 2023 CC SHOWDOWN!

"Ol Skool" Classic Category: Shooters of non - 1873 Single Action Army and Clone pistols. Eligible pistols include but not limited to, Remington '75s, Schofield's, '72 Open Tops, '58 Remington Conversion, '60 Richard/Mason Conversion, Ruger Old Armies, and any Cap N Ball revolver of .36 caliber or Larger.  Must shoot non-1873 SAAs for entire match.

So if you wanna try something different, dust off them Ol Skool pistols and get signed up when entries are available!

I’m lovin’ it!

9 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

72 Open Tops with the 1860 Henry? Hmm;)

Throw in an '87 and you'll have an unbeatable combination!

I didn't say the shooter was unbeatable, I said... never mind. :P

4 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

It would whip my butt If I tried!

Naw... it just takes dedication, Young Grasshopper. ;)

I plan on being there.Got a new set of pistols to shoot.The Henry is just setting there waiting.

Largo

7 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

I plan on being there.Got a new set of pistols to shoot.The Henry is just setting there waiting.

Largo

Great! Be good to see you again!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Watching for the entry's to come out.

Largo

Yes, @Jax T when will the entry forms be available on line?

Well heck, if Largo, Billy, and Brandy are going, (and there’s a place to dry camp) maybe I’ll hook up the teardrop and head East in June.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Should be a good time!

Will there be a separate registration for the Classic Showdown, or do we sign up for the Battle at Adobe Walls?

Had a great time at the Kansas shoot.Plan on having the same at the Adobe Walls shoot.Don't matter what they have I will shoot the Henry with BP.

Largo

5 hours ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Had a great time at the Kansas shoot.Plan on having the same at the Adobe Walls shoot.Don't matter what they have I will shoot the Henry with BP.

Largo

Henrys should only be shot with BP, in my opinion. Anything else is wasting a perfectly good Henry. :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived