SASS Wire Forum

Reason why there aren't as many westerns today anymore. Maybe?

I watched the clip - loved it.  Portuguese  movie - GREAT - not too hard to translate to Spanish or Latin and then to English - lots of fun in that movie.  Thanks again. Real music.  Yippee.  Now for dessert, How about a real bluegrass type of thing .  :-)

STL Suomi

When we were kids, afternoon and early evening tv were cowboys and Indians, Lone Ranger, hoppy, etc. Sat tv was many of the serials from the 20s, 30s. Many were westerns. We played Cowboy and Indians, parents bought capguns, we shot off caps until our clothes smelled. We would never get though an airport today.

then Westerns became “adult” with grown-up themes and moved into prime time, after the bedtime of a five year old.

The marketplace has moved on, not enough people want westerns now.

opened for me and yes , interesting read , much as i started out disagreeing i found the logic within , its true - we as a society have little to no interest in history these days - ive heard young folks ask what 911 is recently , i get they have no knowledge of pearl harbor as history is not taught as it once was , but is it possible we dont even cover recent things now ? 

im sure they will know about the roe vs wade decision if i ask , 

Movies are largely about special effects, action, and volume these days. The generation that grew up on video games is familiar with that, just as we were familiar with horses, six guns and bad guys in black hats. Will the pendulum swing back? If I knew that I would be a gazillionaire by now.

11 minutes ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

Oh, thought you were!

Very close. Just waiting on the drawing tonight. :lol:

Archived