SASS Wire Forum

Time to clean my guns!

Maybe after a day of shooting Black Powder?

But perhaps take the grip off.:ph34r:

If you go on the CMP forums guys talk about putting their Garand stocks in the dishwasher for a couple of cycles to clean them up before refinishing. I’m guessing they don’t tell their wives 

That idea is just a little worse than drying brass or powder coating bullets in the oven on the wife's cookie sheets.  Either one would get me killed.  

If you took the grips off and cleaned black powder pistols in the dishwasher wouldn't you need to put them in the oven at around 200 degrees afterwards to drive out any moisture?  

Yes several garand collectors put their stocks in the dishwasher,  but I always put mine in the hot sun to get the cosmoline out and lots of paper towels.

2 hours ago, Rafe Conager SASS #56958 said:

Wife got really mad when  she  found out that I washed my blackpowder pistols in the dishwasher.  Needless to say I don't do that anymore. 

Rafe 

Cost factor...New dish washer and maybe new wife...

Texas Lizard

It's too hard trying to find a new wife, best keep what you have, just give her a credit card to go shopping with and finish before she gets home then fill it with dishes to play it off.

Then again,  if you have to hide things,  you really are not in charge like you are supposed to be.   

3 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Maybe after a day of shooting Black Powder?

But perhaps take the grip off.:ph34r:

I often tease my wife that I’m going to put my dirty socks and shorts in the dishwasher.  Then tie them to the car and drive around the neighborhood to dry them!  :ph34r:

Archived