SASS Wire Forum

Jagdkommando Tri-Dagger

I really don't have much use for a knife designed principally to look scary and kill people effectively. 

Promoted in that way, it is far more likely to be bought and used by a thug, gamer, or copy- cat than by someone for legitimate self- defense, utility,  or sport. 

If I ever need anything except my good sense and escape agility, I would just use a carry gun.  But the gun's presence will never be known (I hope).   That is despite all the advertising focus to make it a "Man Card"   image thing, as this knife ad seeks to do. 

It worries me to think about the kinds of people who would be responsive to the subject kind of promo -- or that kind of "tactical" knife design, for that matter.   Most of us use a knife to gut a deer or cut our steak, not to kill anyone or "bleed them out".

Ridiculous product -- 2A damaging ad, IMHO.  

I carry a four inch side lever switch blade.  It's fast enough and I'm good enough to keep me from worrying much.  It opens very easily with one hand but needs to to close it.

Mostly I use it for opening letters and packages.

I have a hard time calling it a “knife”.

I am pretty sure that if you used one of those in a self defense role you would be looked on with great suspicion by everyone involved from the police to the jury. 

I can imagine the conversation with a cop at a traffic stop, should the officer discover you carrying one. 

Archived