SASS Wire Forum

Where ya at Pat?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Pat, watch the weather real close.

St Louis got 7" of rain last night(YES-7").

It's a flooded mess from the western Missouri border in the north.

Thank you. Looks like I am lucking out. Taking 80 puts me north of the nastiness for the next couple of days. 

I stopped at Cabela’s in Sidney NE. Got a tee shirt, some small magnum pistol primers (500), an ammo box and some Hornady One Shot. 
Decided to dine at the nearby DQ and get a room. Tomorrow I hope to hit The Fueling Station in Davenport Iowa for one of their excellent pork loin sammiches. :D

Whoever created auto correct was and is a retard. 

Flips pancake house is right off of I80 and is great near Bettendorf.  The Machine Shed is very good as well. 

if stopping you can check out the John Deere Pavilion in Moline and grab lunch at either the River House or Johnny’s Steakhouse…both very good.

Camper at the house here if Fort Wayne if you need a free night or two. Fish and company stink after three days. ;)

21 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I stopped at Cabela’s in Sidney NE. Got a tee shirt, some small magnum pistol primers (500), an ammo box and some Hornady One Shot. 
Decided to dine at the nearby DQ and get a room. Tomorrow I hope to hit The Fueling Station in Davenport Iowa for one of their excellent pork loin sammiches. :D

Whoever created auto correct was and is a retard. 

What no nanner splits :P

14 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Camper at the house here if Fort Wayne if you need a free night or two. Fish and company stink after three days. ;)

I truly appreciate that offer. :)

We have been taking too long to get where we got and have to be in WV tomorrow afternoon so we gotta quit dallying. 
This is the first time I have ever crossed the country in longer that 3 days. I have done it in 2. That’s very taxing. It’s actually more enjoyable and less tiring but I forgot about some obligations for Friday…unless we can somehow change them. 

12 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

What no nanner splits :P

:D

I can’t have bananas or several other things I like due to a strange medical condition that is not worth discussing here. It’s no biggie. I just hate discussing medical conditions. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

:D

I can’t have bananas or several other things I like due to a strange medical condition that is not worth discussing here. It’s no biggie. I just hate discussing medical conditions. :lol:

Then,  let's talk about your mental condition :lol:

28 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Pat can I ask which city is your new home?

sharon and I were looking long and hard at Morgantown, it being very close to her family.

Morgantown. :)

10 hours ago, Perro Del Diablo said:

Good or bad :ph34r:

Better. :)

This merge thing is annoying 

10 hours ago, Imis Twohofon,SASS # 46646 said:

Are ya there yet?

Imis

1 hour ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

what he^^^^^ said

Yes! we are here now. Got the keys for the new house, it’s a rental and it sure ain’t new. But it’s new to us. I unloaded the trailer with all the heavy stuff in it, gun safe, motorcycle, ammo, bullets, pinball machine. Our pod doesn’t show up until August 12th so we are staying in a hotel this weekend and living like newlyweds until our pod arrives. 

Man, what a lot of work!

5 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Yes! we are here now. Got the keys for the new house, it’s a rental and it sure ain’t new. But it’s new to us. I unloaded the trailer with all the heavy stuff in it, gun safe, motorcycle, ammo, bullets, pinball machine. Our pod doesn’t show up until August 12th so we are staying in a hotel this weekend and living like newlyweds until our pod arrives. 

Man, what a lot of work!

6 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Man, what a lot of work!

Congrats!  In the old days when I moved for work and rented, the first thing I would do is take one of the locks apart. go to a locksmith and get new cylinders and keys.  I kept the old and gave them to the owner along with the new keys when I left.

46 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

Congrats!  In the old days when I moved for work and rented, the first thing I would do is take one of the locks apart. go to a locksmith and get new cylinders and keys.  I kept the old and gave them to the owner along with the new keys when I left.

I may just do that. 

On 7/25/2022 at 6:49 AM, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

No, not really. My work tried to convince me to stay but I would sooner pee on a spark plug. 
I am pretty sure that had I stayed at work for another couple of years I would have ended up with a coronary event. Hell, half my stress was due to driving to snd from work. 

We are moving to West Virginia. :D

Not dealing with the stress of commuting 100 miles M-F on Vasco Rd & Hwy 580 significantly improved my mental & physical health when I retired in 12/2012.  It also was a relief to leave CA 1/1/2013.

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Man, what a lot of work!

What pinball machine?

Welcome to freedom!!!

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Pat... Where's the Miata???   :huh:

It is here. 

My wife got to drive it cross-country. The Suburban loaded with luggage and essentials and a 2000 pound trailer loaded to its legal capacity would have been too much for her. It got a little squirrelly in gusty conditions, so I let her drive the fun car while I drove the truck. 

This is literally the first she has driven it. It’s “my” car.

Anyway, the second day of the trip the Miata my wife went from saying things like “Your Miata is nice” to “The toiletries bag is in my car.” or when someone complimented her on the Miata she would say “Thank you. I really love my car. My husband bought it a couple of years ago with only 26,000 miles on it. I love driving it.”<_<

3 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It is here. 

My wife got to drive it cross-country. The Suburban loaded with luggage and essentials and a 2000 pound trailer loaded to its legal capacity would have been too much for her. It got a little squirrelly in gusty conditions, so I let her drive the fun car while I drove the truck. 

Anyway, the second day of the trip the Miata my wife went from saying things like “Your Miata is nice” to “The toiletries bag is in my car.” or when someone complimented her on the Miata she would say “Thank you. I really love my car. My husband bought it a couple of years ago with only 26,000 miles on it. I love driving it.”<_<

And so it begins, when first married I bought my wife a little Llama 22 Auto, then she tried my K22...

18 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It is here. 

13 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

And so it begins, when first married I bought my wife a little Llama 22 Auto, then she tried my K22...

Uh Oh !!!!!   :o

39 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

It is here. 

Good on 'er, Pat~!  :lol:

I can surely understand her liking it... mebbe she'll let you drive it sometime.  :rolleyes:

I had Zelda (my '02) up in the Sierra's yesterday.  What a blast that was!  On the winding mountain roads I often found myself behind other vehicles... but no one was ever behind me.  ^_^                                  

Archived