SASS Wire Forum

Where ya at Pat?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I am still in CA waiting for 1-800 PackRat to pick up my rass’n-frass’n pod. We plan to head out tomorrow before noon. 

28 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, I am still in CA waiting for 1-800 PackRat to pick up my rass’n-frass’n pod. We plan to head out tomorrow before noon. 

....................... so, .... yer still there  ......

zero + 20

:ph34r:

11 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I hope you can sneak out soon.

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I am leaving my house now enroure to I-15 to I-80. Yahoo!

Best of luck to all of you.  Can't wait to hear about your adventures once you're settled.

8 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

I-80 to Ohio then drop south?

Yep

I have always come across on I-40, I-10 or I-70. We decided to do something a little different. 
I have never been to Vegas. Spending the night and moving on. 
Ate some great BBQ at Smokin’ Pig. Good stuff. 

Loved seeing this right at the border to the USA.

27BB4B00-6E4C-47FB-BB5A-28F4A127A3F9.thumb.jpeg.aa0f9f9341c883615c3f599d1dcbf312.jpeg

Then we stopped in Jean, AZ at Terrible’s Chevron that has over 90 gas pumps. What a flippin’ zoo that place is. 
We spent the night in Vegas. It’s freakin’ hot here. I am a little concerned about the powder snd primers I have in the uhaul trailer. 

God Bless the USA!  :FlagAm:

Terrible's sounds like the Fearless Farris Stinker Station that used to be up in Idaho.  Had a skunk (Stinky?) as their logo / mascot and funny black (or red) on yellow billboards all along the highways.

PETRIFIED WATER MELONS. TAKE ONE HOME TO YOUT MOTHERIN-LAW.

IS YOUR 

RADIOACTIVE 

TURN IT ON AND SEE 

I grew up using Fearless Farris gas in Boise.
And laughing at his road signs, also.

Pat: I'm late to the party... are you fleeing earlier than I originally thought?
If so, to where?
Safe journey, fair winds and a following sea.

15 minutes ago, bgavin said:

I grew up using Fearless Farris gas in Boise.
And laughing at his road signs, also.

Pat: I'm late to the party... are you fleeing earlier than I originally thought?
If so, to where?
Safe journey, fair winds and a following sea.

No, not really. My work tried to convince me to stay but I would sooner pee on a spark plug. 
I am pretty sure that had I stayed at work for another couple of years I would have ended up with a coronary event. Hell, half my stress was due to driving to snd from work. 

We are moving to West Virginia. :D

9 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

Pat , take extra care thru Utah. I-80 has an over-supply of morons until you get past Coalville.

Rex :D

By the way , welcome to 'Merica !! :lol:

Thank you and I did encounter a few. Nothing major. As compared to CA dumbassery it was nothing. 

5 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

And take the cut off through Provo Canyon saves SLC time 

Did that. That was the only point the Suburban got a little “warm”. :D

Right now we are in Evanston Wyoming. Nice bunch of folks here so far…except for one pinhead in a Jeep. I think he saw the CA tag and tried to crowd me. I think he thought I was a bean sprout eater. I crowded back. A Suburban would squash his little boy toy. :lol: He went away. 

Man, had a great steak at the Legal Tender restaurant at the Best Western. Dang that was good! Highly recommend it. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thank you and I did encounter a few. Nothing major. As compared to CA dumbassery it was nothing. 

Did that. That was the only point the Suburban got a little “warm”. :D

Right now we are in Evanston Wyoming. Nice bunch of folks here so far…except for one pinhead in a Jeep. I think he saw the CA tag and tried to crowd me. I think he thought I was a bean sprout eater. I crowded back. A Suburban would squash his little boy toy. :lol: He went away. 

Man, had a great steak at the Legal Tender restaurant at the Best Western. Dang that was good! Highly recommend it. 

Legal tender was a regular during the rodeo circuit , damn and to think I worked all day left right after work from Kingman to go rodeo in Casper and drive through empty of coarse don’t recommend it either 

32 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

You need to change your location in your profile. I’d imagine it will feel good 

Great Idea! DONE! Thank you. :D

10 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Don't forget to stop at the Cabelas in Sidney Nebraska. It was their first store.

7 hours ago, sassnetguy50 said:

Yes, before it becomes a ghost town.

Dave, I somehow missed your post last night. This is an excellent idea. I will plan to do this today. :D

Thanks sassnetguy….you really do need to update your handle. ;)

Archived