SASS Wire Forum

My New Purchase

DocWard

I know this should technically be on The Wahr, but since I seldom get over there, sooooooo... I figured I would go ahead and post it here. I've been having fits with my Stoeger Coach Gun not extracting, and it turns out there is a definite problem. I turned it over to a gunsmith friend (we've been friends since my days back at Gander Mountain where he was the district's smith, so please, no "you should'a sent it to..." I have complete faith in him to do the job). At any rate, it's going to be awhile, so in the meanwhile, I'm in need of a side by side shotgun. looking around my collection... I'm not about to put my 20 Gauge Parker Reproduction to use. Although I have seen my father-in-law take pheasants with it, it is too pretty to bounce off of tables and generally mistreat at matches.

So, I started looking. Locally, the pickings have been pretty slim. Some Stoegers, but typically the Coach Gun Supremes, and not sure I wanted to pay the price. I checked a number of local stores, and finally found a CZ Bobwhite G2 for a price I liked and snagged it. I wish I could afford one of Long Hunter's CZ Sharptails, but that just wasn't in the budget. Maybe over the winter.

I figure with the CZ, I don't have to worry about the automatic safety like I would on a Stoeger, but the English stock may take a bit of getting used to. The 28" barrels might be interesting too, but I'm actually looking forward to that. I'm about ready to sit down and clean it, stick some snap caps in it, then start dry firing it and breaking it open as many times as my arms and wrists will allow before I'm sore and exhausted. Wish me luck.

Congrats on your new gun.  Best of luck with it.

"I know this should technically be on The Wahr, but since I seldom get over there, sooooooo..."

Trust me, even if I felt like I NEEDED a wire brushing, I wouldn't go over there.  I'd go into my office instead................

3 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

You always needed a back-up anyway Doc.

My thinking exactly!

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

I also have a new one. I won't hijack your thread but I'm going to the den to hold FONDLE it and talk sweet to her.

Fixed if for ya.

16 hours ago, DocWard said:

I know this should technically be on The Wahr, but since I seldom get over there, sooooooo... I figured I would go ahead and post it here. I've been having fits with my Stoeger Coach Gun not extracting, and it turns out there is a definite problem. I turned it over to a gunsmith friend (we've been friends since my days back at Gander Mountain where he was the district's smith, so please, no "you should'a sent it to..." I have complete faith in him to do the job). At any rate, it's going to be awhile, so in the meanwhile, I'm in need of a side by side shotgun. looking around my collection... I'm not about to put my 20 Gauge Parker Reproduction to use. Although I have seen my father-in-law take pheasants with it, it is too pretty to bounce off of tables and generally mistreat at matches.

So, I started looking. Locally, the pickings have been pretty slim. Some Stoegers, but typically the Coach Gun Supremes, and not sure I wanted to pay the price. I checked a number of local stores, and finally found a CZ Bobwhite G2 for a price I liked and snagged it. I wish I could afford one of Long Hunter's CZ Sharptails, but that just wasn't in the budget. Maybe over the winter.

I figure with the CZ, I don't have to worry about the automatic safety like I would on a Stoeger, but the English stock may take a bit of getting used to. The 28" barrels might be interesting too, but I'm actually looking forward to that. I'm about ready to sit down and clean it, stick some snap caps in it, then start dry firing it and breaking it open as many times as my arms and wrists will allow before I'm sore and exhausted. Wish me luck.

I've  had the CZ Bobwhite G2 for a couple of years now and I'm pretty sure you're going to like the gun.  Mine has been trouble free so far, I only wish there was a bit more wood on the forehand for when I shoot black powder.

33 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Fixed if for ya.

I'm certainly not going to be one to judge.

4 hours ago, Muggle said:

Will like pictures.

Congrats though

I will see what I can do this evening.

Archived