SASS Wire Forum

I tried to figure it out

Utah Bob #35998

But I couldn’t. The Rockies are playing the Brewers and the Brew Crew are wearing their City Connect uniforms. 
This is an MLB ploy to get fans to fork out more money for team souvenirs. Supposed to foster civic pride yada yada.
7  teams have a CC uniform for occasional home play. Some are ok, some stupid, like the hideous San Diego ones we talked about last week.
Rockies unis are not particularly good in my mind but understandable. A mountain skyline. I get it.

So this is the Brewers uniform. Confusing. Brew Crew I get. But a charcoal grill? And those hats? MKE with  a 414 behind it? 
I had to look it up.  :blink:

Oh and Washington’s jerseys are gray and they just have WSH on them. Which is appropriate. They look like they need to be washed. 

Milwaukee

0B204BCA-40ED-4933-B88A-CC574E0B5129.jpeg

And the Rockies

36D9BE5F-5868-4F2C-B3A8-B2377DF2CD81.jpeg

Milwaukee and Wisconsin are known for their sausages as well as beer and cheese, thus the grill!!

9 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

I'm guessing 414 is area code.   The grill must be tailgating.

Just guessing at both.

That’s their explanation. And MKE is the destination for the airport.

Seriously? This is civic pride? I’m damn proud of my area code?  :blink:
And boy our airport! It’s awesome! 

I think I’ll get a 393 cap made up.

That’s the population of Cahone. (but I think it includes a few cows)

Nearest airport is in Dove Creak. Grass field with a broke down Cessna that’s been sitting for 15 years.I don’t think it had a designation. Maybe DLH? Don’t Land Here :lol:

F1E1F693-CEF5-4989-9D6E-D6057B577603.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

That’s their explanation. And MKE is the destination for the airport.

Seriously? This is civic pride? I’m damn proud of my area code?  :blink:
And boy our airport! It’s awesome! 

I think I’ll get a 393 cap made up.

That’s the population of Cahone. (but I think it includes a few cows)

Nearest airport is in Dove Creak. Grass field with a broke down Cessna that’s been sitting for 15 years.I don’t think it had a designation. Maybe DLH? Don’t Land Here :lol:

F1E1F693-CEF5-4989-9D6E-D6057B577603.jpeg

Hey!  Better than what the Padres got!

The colorful uniforms feature sleeves of pink and mint, with "San Diego" emblazoned across the chest in those same hues. They feature outlines of yellow, and -- taken as a whole -- the uniforms are meant to match the vibrant colors of San Diego's fabled pink and yellow sunsets beyond the Pacific Ocean.

They're also a nod to the landscapes and artwork of San Diego and the nearby Baja peninsula. A sizeable portion of the team's fanbase hails from Tijuana, Mexico, and the surrounding areas in Baja California.

“Two cities, two cultures, one home team,” said Padres third baseman Manny Machado in the team’s jersey release video.

The corresponding hats feature the typical interlocking SD -- but in a vibrant shade of pink, set upon on a mint-colored hat. The pants are white with a mint stripe.

jphvm7bcy0qpakmoejmz.jpg

Hey, at least one airport code (Toronto) has had a very cool instrumental song named after it!

Archived