SASS Wire Forum

MBPGA 2022

Big Iron Bohannon

We are 5 weeks away from this year's MBPGA Black Powder Shoot.  It will be 11 smoke filled stages with a Man on Man and Team event on saturday afternoon.  Potluck hogroast on Saturday evening.  This is an old school shoot with several fun elements you haven't done in quite awhile.  Get your applications in soon.  This is a great time of year to visit The Pass!!  Thanks for looking.

MBPGA 2022 flyer.xlsx

I won't be attending this year, but here are some words of wisdom...

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious" - Jedi Master Kenobi

It's THE palace to shoot with and meet the greatest pards this side of the Death Star.

GG ~ :FlagAm:

Unfortunately we can't be there this year. I will say this tops the list of downright fun matches anywhere. Big Iron puts on a humdinger. 

This is the must attend match of the year for bp shooters (or anyone with a shine to try it), the real deal with props, old time shenanigans, and stages that are written to be fun for all levels, ages, and categories. Great match put on by great folks at the legendary Paradise Pass! 

This is a FUN match to shoot lots of smoke! (the camp ground shenanigans are a hoot!)

Dallas you bringing that big boom stick? I would love to send a few 10 gage rounds down range,,,,

3 minutes ago, JohnnyRebel said:

This is a FUN match to shoot lots of smoke! (the camp ground shenanigans are a hoot!)

Dallas you bringing that big boom stick? I would love to send a few 10 gage rounds down range,,,,

Yes sir, Thumpelina will be there. I'll be sure to bring a few extra rounds to share the joy of the Boom!

Is 8 gauge legal yet!? Just saying

12 minutes ago, JohnnyRebel said:

If you low down, good for nothin, no account, four flushing, beady eyed, egg suckin, did I mention good for nothin, yahoos think I’m coming to this shoot…..

YER DANG RIGHT IM COMIN, and HELL’S COMIN WITH ME. 

Can’t wait ya see y’all. 

Short Term

14 hours ago, COAL CAR KID, SASS #15921 said:

There should be plenty PRGFs there; bring the BOOM folksB):FlagAm:

Big PRGF group, as well as plainsman, frontiersman, Josey Wales, and about any other style of bp shooting you could want. Absolutely not to be missed! 

14 hours ago, Big Iron Bohannon said:

It looks like there will be a team event Saturday afternoon for those that want to do some extra shooting.  It should be a pretty good time!

This is a cool new addition to an already really fun match! 

J.C Smoke, Spoon River Sam, Senior Chief and myself were planning on setting up camp (The Redneck Riviera) on Thursday around Noon.

Dusted off my Cap and Ball Pistols, I'm ready for some fun,,,,

3 hours ago, JohnnyRebel said:

J.C Smoke, Spoon River Sam, Senior Chief and myself were planning on setting up camp (The Redneck Riviera) on Thursday around Noon.

Dusted off my Cap and Ball Pistols, I'm ready for some fun,,,,

The last time I seen you shoot those cap n balls, Johnny, it was like you took them outa a bucket of water instead of holsters! :D

Yep, Coal Car Kid talked me into shooting them, "Shoot Cap n Balls it'll be fun" he said, as the rain runs off the brim of my hat onto the load table.

6 hours ago, JohnnyRebel said:

Yep, Coal Car Kid talked me into shooting them, "Shoot Cap n Balls it'll be fun" he said, as the rain runs off the brim of my hat onto the load table.

Lookin forward to cap n ballin with you Johnny!

Man, I'm so disappointed we had to cancel going this year.  We had a great time last year and were really looking forward to it.  Had our hotel booked and everything, and I was really looking forward to stopping by to see the new SASS HQ while we were there.  Dang it!

But, sometimes life throws us into the fire and we need to beat the flames out before we can enjoy the fun stuff, and unfortunately I have a whole lot of stuff on my to-do list that needs to be to-done before Land Run and I am not going to miss that!

Next year, we will be there for sure!

Dogmeat

Here I sit, starring at a computer screen, neck deep in paper, when I should be packing for the trip to Indiana.  :(

Gonna really miss not being there this year...

I expect to see a report on the news that visibility in Paradise Pass is 12" max!

Smoke-um Up and I will see you all next year!

Camp grounds are mowed and now open for the campers to come in any time.

See ya all soon.....

Archived