SASS Wire Forum

WTS Marlin Cowboy Competition 38 sp-1450 includes shipping-SOLD PENDING FUNDS

I  am getting out of 357/38 and am reluctantly selling my Marlin Cowboy Competition in 38. Sp.   It comes with original box and leather wrap.  It is in excellent condition with only some freckling on one side of buttstock,  probably from a cart.   Octagonal barrel and case colored receiver. Factory lever throw very smooth.  I replaced the sights with a Marbles Bullseye and red front sight and will include the original sights.  1450 includes shipping from my ffl to yours.  

cowboy!.jpg

cwby2.jpg

cwby3.jpg

cwby4.jpg

.heic file is new to me, can't open it either. Try to post as .jpg

• Long Gun Preacher changed the title to WTS Marlin Cowboy Competition 38 sp-1450 includes shipping

Marlin never had a "factory" short stroke.  All the internals are the same on the .38/.357 rifles, comp or not.

Al

Clarification:  "Comp" rifles had 3 turns ground off the football mainspring and the point of the lever lock rounded off, others didn't.

Al

Gentlemen-thank you for pointing out the error  ALOvera is correct.  It is not a shortstroke-It is that in the factory the lever throw was smoothed out in this version. That being said, the lever throw is quite smooth.  The error was not intentional and I appreciate the correction.

• Long Gun Preacher changed the title to WTS Marlin Cowboy Competition 38 sp-1450 includes shipping-SOLD PENDING FUNDS

Archived