SASS Wire Forum

Are Memes Offensive ?

Gracos Kid

I've noticed that memes I find funny and thought provoking are being deleted.  I certainly don't try to disparage any person, group or issue.  Just wondering if the Saloon would be better served by not posting if my sense of humor offends others.....

I heard a comedian say that in most all humor someone is the victim of the humor.  I think that is true.  Most jokes and such have somebody coming up on the short end of the stick and being the butt of the joke.  There is an irony to humor.  Slapstick is considered the lowest form of humor.  Subtle barbs at the other end.  So, Okie Bonehead, the only safe humor is no humor at all. 

25 minutes ago, Gracos Kid said:

I've noticed that memes I find funny and thought provoking are being deleted.  I certainly don't try to disparage any person, group or issue.  Just wondering if the Saloon would be better served by not posting if my sense of humor offends others.....

Are your memes political?  scatalogical?  Contain shapes that look like a penis?  Are they preoccupied with boobs?   Yeah, they're gonna get gone.  You'd be surprised at how it only takes one for others to take it in unanticipated directions.   Also, at one time photos were no longer allowed to be posted on the Saloon, because of copyright infringement... I think that was the Swedish Bikini Shooting Team pics.

There was nothing wrong with the Swedish Bikini shooting team photos.  I remember that thread :D  But, all it takes is one person to find "offense" and to complain and posts and even full threads get killed.

IIRC, it was the huge size of the Swedish thread that got it pulled.  Way too many pictures and the server at the time wasn't ready for it.

Archived