SASS Wire Forum

Law Enforcement?

Trailrider #896

It was reported on Fox News that Chicago police officers are backing off from pursuit of criminals.  One officer is alleged to have said that if he saw somebody with a gun shoved in his belt, HE WOULD NOT PURSUE THE INDIVIDUAL!  Similar goings on alleged to be happening in New Yawk! :angry:  If I had a time machine, I'd feel safer South of the "Deadline" in Dodge City, or when the Cowboys were in town in Tombstone! Wake up, people! 

If you are in Law Enforcement these days and you do your job courageously and honorably as in days past, in some states, you stand a good chance of going to prison.  I can't imagine what it is like. The cream are too smart to stay.

Nearly 400 LE waited over an hour in Uvalde while kids were bleeding and texting their families.

An armed citizen brought down a mall shooter in fifteen seconds in Indiana.

I respect LE but the fear of over-acting and being questioned has affected too many who should serve and protect.

10 minutes ago, Tom Bullweed said:

Nearly 400 LE waited over an hour in Uvalde while kids were bleeding and texting their families.

An armed citizen brought down a mall shooter in fifteen seconds in Indiana.

I respect LE but the fear of over-acting and being questioned has affected too many who should serve and protect.

The Uvalde situation was different. A total breakdown of leadership, commiunication and initiative. Never should have happened. A perfect storm,ofmincompetence.

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

The Uvalde situation was different. A total breakdown of leadership, commiunication and initiative. Never should have happened. A perfect storm,ofmincompetence.

Ubvalde is the perfect example of putting a bureaucrat selected by a school board in charge of a police department.  I'm sure the police chief was a nice guy who kept the administrators happy but when it came to an emergency situation, he couldn't or wouldn't take control and make a critical decision.  The school board is totally at fault for putting this incompetent person in charge of their police department.

9 hours ago, Tom Bullweed said:

We aren't the ones facing long jail sentences for just doing our jobs.   If anything, we as voters are at fault for electing the morons who have decided the police are the bad guys.

Let's not forget that the MSM spreads their actions all over the evening .news without getting the facts straight.

There are many exceptional officers out there, just doing their job and doing what is right. There are exceptional police managers and leaders doing the best that they can during these tumultuous times.  Lastly, there are cowards in line officers, leadership and management positions that just need to go away.  Through attrition they will, but that is not soon enough.  More emphasis is placed on liability training than mental health issues, they is one of many disconnects.  I applaud those quality officers and leaders and I cringe at the others.  Police work is doing what is right even if it is not popular but too many believe that all of law enforcement needs to become social workers 100% of the time, that is just not reality.  There are really bad people out there that are very predatory and dealing with them is not for the timid at heart.  Police do not prevent crime or keep you safe, they respond to a situation well after the fact.  It is a persons responsibility to maintain environmental awareness and lessen the chances of becoming a victim.  Uvalde was disgraceful to the profession and to humanity and I can see how it happened.  A tremendous officer recently resigned here after telling me he was scared he'd get involved in a shooting and end up in prison.  A great officer put himself and his family first, good for him!  This is a epic problem currently and we must support the good ones, pray for a better outcome and know that this is the result of attempts at radical social change and a overall lack of human respect in many pockets of our country.

Having a good friend and his 2 sons in LE down in Ga I have to say I hope they all get out and find a safer job, the father is a 30+ year veteran of the force and a dam fine officer as are his boys but the way the public sh*ts on police and then blames them for everything when they don’t fly to the rescue and do everything perfect makes me sick, I know there are bad cops out there but let me point a gun at anyone out there and start SHOOTING real bullets and let’s see how many people do the RIGHT thing every time, then go home knowing maybe I’m outside your house, or maybe not, maybe I’m in your coffee shop waiting for you, see how long before your choices are not what the liberals feel they should be, we shoot steel targets that don’t shoot back and have time to plan and we still miss and shoot the wrong order while police get to dodge 4 year olds that daddy gives a gun to to shoot the bad cops with, is the chance of catching a bullet from a 4 year old worth it ? And people are wondering why police are quitting in record numbers, I hope my friends leave the force, ( they won’t) it would be sad for the state of Ga but in todays liberal BS world I would rather have my friends doing a safer job for people who might at least care.

ORR

13 hours ago, Trailrider #896 said:

It was reported on Fox News that Chicago police officers are backing off from pursuit of criminals.  One officer is alleged to have said that if he saw somebody with a gun shoved in his belt, HE WOULD NOT PURSUE THE INDIVIDUAL!  

I am an LEO in Florida. The rest of my family were CPD Officers. The last to retire was my cousin who was a lieutenant. During a Lieutenants meeting with the Superintendent Johnson he advised that they were required to stop all consensual encounters due to the influx of complaints from arrestees. My cousin who worked the area that has the majority of the shooting stood up and advised they they were not picking people at random, but were stopping subject based on community members who were pointing out the people with guns. They would make the consensual encounter, find PC, locate a firearm, and arrest the subject. Then that subject would complain. Johnson then, in front of 600+ lieutenants chastised my cousin and accused him of insubordination. As soon as the meeting was over he went to their human recourses and filed his paperwork. They asked what was his intended date and he took off his badge and gun and said effective immediately. He had 26 years on and was planning on 30, but just couldn't take the liberal policies destroying their ability to do their job while simultaneously putting them in greater danger and higher liability. It's not the LEOs. It's are current politics, society, social and mainstream media, and leftist that are destroying this country. 

JEL

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/johnston-county/article263681583.html

The Kenly police force, the town clerk and the town’s utility clerk resigned Wednesday, the small Johnston County community’s longtime police chief said. “I have put in my 2 weeks notice along with the whole police dept. Sharon Evans and Christy Thomas with the town of Kenly after 21 years of service,” Chief Josh Gibson wrote on Facebook on Wednesday. “The new manager has created an environment I do not feel we can perform our duties and services to the community,” he continued. “I do not know what is next for me. I am letting the lord lead the way.. I have loved this community.. it has become family and one of my greatest honors to serve.. God bless you all in Kenly.”

1 hour ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/johnston-county/article263681583.html

The Kenly police force, the town clerk and the town’s utility clerk resigned Wednesday, the small Johnston County community’s longtime police chief said. “I have put in my 2 weeks notice along with the whole police dept. Sharon Evans and Christy Thomas with the town of Kenly after 21 years of service,” Chief Josh Gibson wrote on Facebook on Wednesday. “The new manager has created an environment I do not feel we can perform our duties and services to the community,” he continued. “I do not know what is next for me. I am letting the lord lead the way.. I have loved this community.. it has become family and one of my greatest honors to serve.. God bless you all in Kenly.”

And the reason they quit was due to the new town manager who was hired just 48 days prior:blink: WOW!!!!

JEL

I cannot even begin to imagine the damage that is being done to our nation through the isolation and undermining of LEOs. 

Even if it was limited to losing quality men and women from the profession, the impact would be profound.

But we are facing long-term consequences from losing the support not only of veteran officers who would encourage and mentor young people toward law enforcement careers, but also of legacy officers -- those men and women who represent a multi-generational string of quality LEOs. 

As much as I am heartened to see legislation that would fund programs to enhance LEO pay and retention, I have a nagging suspicion it will result in little more than a means to shuffle federal taxpayer money toward cities that have been hit by rising crime rates because they diverted law enforcement funding to other programs.

10 hours ago, Ozark Huckleberry said:

I cannot even begin to imagine the damage that is being done to our nation through the isolation and undermining of LEOs. 

Even if it was limited to losing quality men and women from the profession, the impact would be profound.

But we are facing long-term consequences from losing the support not only of veteran officers who would encourage and mentor young people toward law enforcement careers, but also of legacy officers -- those men and women who represent a multi-generational string of quality LEOs. 

As much as I am heartened to see legislation that would fund programs to enhance LEO pay and retention, I have a nagging suspicion it will result in little more than a means to shuffle federal taxpayer money toward cities that have been hit by rising crime rates because they diverted law enforcement funding to other programs.

Now I will back most LEO's but when you see them arresting Kids for not having a vax or mask in a restaurant , Forcing a person with autism to receive a forced vax against their will by a LA County SO I draw the line .  You have just become brownshirts "doing what they are told to do " They will do the same on red flag calls watch. If they are just doing what they are told I have zero respect for them . IF law enforcement wont stand up for what is right we have no need for you .

Archived