SASS Wire Forum

Primers available

Hells Comin

5 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Then change cap and shirt, shave off mustache, and go back in yet again! 

It'll grow back. :)

What do you do if neither of the two stores that are a hour away list zero inventory?

28 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

What do you do if neither of the two stores that are a hour away list zero inventory?

Well, I would not shave before I got there to make sure.

19 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Also Fun fact they might have a sign up that says limit in back but just grab what you need the Cashier up front has zero idea about that sign  and will ring them all up .
  don't ask How I know that :0

You are wrong they do know. Each person has to pay for their 200 and they will not sell you another 200 an hour later. They will sell you another 200 the next day. They primers are not on the shelves, they are on the counter out of reach of the customer. I was told by one of the clerks in SW that as of 3 months ago employees were not allowed to purchase reloading supplies any more because the customers were not getting any.  We stopped at five different SW stores on our way back from Utah last weekend and they were all the same.

kR

1 hour ago, Kid Rich said:

You are wrong they do know. Each person has to pay for their 200 and they will not sell you another 200 an hour later. They will sell you another 200 the next day. They primers are not on the shelves, they are on the counter out of reach of the customer. I was told by one of the clerks in SW that as of 3 months ago employees were not allowed to purchase reloading supplies any more because the customers were not getting any.  We stopped at five different SW stores on our way back from Utah last weekend and they were all the same.

kR

That may be where you live , but most our stores arent doing limits here , Our primers / ammo/ powder are out on the shelf . 

Heck I just picked up 5k small rifle for 60 per 1k

12 minutes ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

That may be where you live , but most our stores arent doing limits here , Our primers / ammo/ powder are out on the shelf . 

That’s good to hear hopefully the manufacturers are catching up 

According to the comments here absolutely every local gun store, big box store in my region, and every online seller is a low-down scum-sucking, greedy, gouging, s.o.b.    I can't find anyone locally selling Federals for less than 120/K or CCI under 100/K.

(Still prefer buying from my LGS... Those dastardly fiends, who mark up everything abominably... Just so they can stay in business.  You know, like those evil gas station owners)

I'm glad for those of you who can buy your supplies for less.   (I really am).  Hope y'all find more.  It's not happening around here.

19 minutes ago, McCandless said:

According to the comments here absolutely every local gun store, big box store in my region, and every online seller is a low-down scum-sucking, greedy, gouging, s.o.b.    I can't find anyone locally selling Federals for less than 120/K or CCI under 100/K.

(Still prefer buying from my LGS... Those dastardly fiends, who mark up everything abominably... Just so they can stay in business.  You know, like those evil gas station owners)

I'm glad for those of you who can buy your supplies for less.   (I really am).  Hope y'all find more.  It's not happening around here.

:lol:

21 hours ago, PowerRiverCowboy said:

Sportsmans Warehouse is what I am referring to. What they do has no bearing on any other gun store or reloading facility. They have earned my loyalty thru their efforts to get supplies to as many customers as possible. They realized that some of their employees were buying and then reselling at higher prices and at least slowed that down. Thru the last 2 years they have kept their prices down.

kR

On 7/23/2022 at 6:56 AM, Kid Rich said:

kR

This is how it is at the Prescott SW. The clerk told me he is not allowed to buy reloading supplies. They keep the powder and primers behind the gun counter. 200 primers is the limit. The new CAL Ranch store in Prescott Valley had primers during their grand opening a few weeks ago. Again, 100 primers was the limit per type, with 200 primers being the maximum per customer. But, my lovely wife stepped up behind me and bought another 200. The price was $5.99 per hundred.

Archived