SASS Wire Forum

DOOM! Anyone?!?

The Outlaw Travis James

Man, you're fast!

And your town looks great!

22 hours ago, Brazos John said:

Man, you're fast!

And your town looks great!

Thank you.  This range has been host to the Florida State Championship the past two years.  

Cool video!

Especially love the "Doom View" used starting on stage 2.

Funny though, when i played Doom, I used to turn off the music cuz I found it distractingly annoying and wanted to just listen to the sound effects.

That said, I remember the music.  While it was the same song, this was a new arrangement, right?

Me and the little guy were trying to get to that match.... life got in the way. I haven't gotten to shoot with you yet but am really looking forward to it. 

Awesome match there. 

JEL

Very cool, T.  I'm not familiar with Doom (nor any game really besides Solitaire and Pong), but liked the music though I would have liked it louder.  My main question for you is, what App did you use to speed everything up, and will it work on Android?  :) 

21 hours ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

I haven't had 6 good stages (combined, not just in one match) in quite some time....:rolleyes::P

This was a first for me. :P

19 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Thanks for posting.  Its fun to watch AND LEARN from watching a top shooter.

Great runs..... and excellent SG runs.

..........Widder

Thank you Widder.  That means a lot coming from you.  Although, I am suire you aren't learning too much from me, besides how NOT to shoot the first stage of a match.  hahaha

16 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Cool video!

Especially love the "Doom View" used starting on stage 2.

Funny though, when i played Doom, I used to turn off the music cuz I found it distractingly annoying and wanted to just listen to the sound effects.

That said, I remember the music.  While it was the same song, this was a new arrangement, right?

Thanks.  My Insta360 GO2 camera (that I use to film the first person views) didn't record on stage 1.  Sometimes, I forget to start it, think I've started it but didn't, or it just doesn't cooperate and fails to record. 

I am not a gamer and never played the game.  But I get A LOT of DOOM comments on my TIkTok videos so I decided to check out the music.  I realized the music was pretty awesome.  Yes, I arranged the music to go with the video and used a few different songs.  

15 hours ago, John E. Law said:

Me and the little guy were trying to get to that match.... life got in the way. I haven't gotten to shoot with you yet but am really looking forward to it. 

Awesome match there. 

JEL

That stinks, you guys missed a fun one.  

Thank you, hope we can shoot together soon.  

11 hours ago, runs with scissors said:

Nice shootin OTJ!

To all,

Come out and join us ! 

Third Saturday of the month,

Lake County Pistoleros, Eustis Gun Club

Taveres, FL

Thanks Scissors. 

9 hours ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Very cool, T.  I'm not familiar with Doom (nor any game really besides Solitaire and Pong), but liked the music though I would have liked it louder.  My main question for you is, what App did you use to speed everything up, and will it work on Android?  :) 

The secret app is called "Practice" and works on any willing Operating System you can imagine... ;)

1 hour ago, Muggle said:

Cool video.

Thank you

Just now, Tequila Shooter said:

Very nicely done! You’re a force to be reckoned with.  And it was good to see so many familiar faces. 

Thanks TS.  I am getting there.  Tough competition down here, even with shooting the match of my life, I was still 3rd OA by less than 3 seconds.  We hope to see you down here for Ides next year and then you can say hi to them in person.  :D

On 7/22/2022 at 11:28 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

Maybe I’ll see some of y’all at either CAC or Land Run later this year?  Then the next big one for me will be Dark Days.

We will be at Land Run and Ambush

On 7/28/2022 at 1:57 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

I’ll be looking for you at Land Run!

Can't wait! 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:28 AM, Tequila Shooter said:

Maybe I’ll see some of y’all at either CAC or Land Run later this year?  Then the next big one for me will be Dark Days.

I'll be at Ambush and hope to see you at Dark Days Tequila.

9 hours ago, Mister Badly said:

I'll be at Ambush and hope to see you at Dark Days Tequila.

MB - won’t be at Ambush this year but definitely looking forward to DD in January and I know I’ll see you there!  Take care my friend. 

On 7/29/2022 at 6:57 PM, Painted Mohawk SASS 77785 said:

Luv 'ya vids OTJ...& the shootin' aint to bad eitherB)

Much obliged! 

Archived