SASS Wire Forum

TTN Hammered Double Dissasembly

Ranger Dan

Bought a used one that needs some tuning. I cannot find even a schematic, much less a video on complete dissasembly. Best I have found so far is a video on here show taking off the side plates... I need complete dissasembly. Help!

Cimarron does not have an 1878 Shotgun diagram online, nor a parts list.  It has always been that way with most all of their shotguns, I think.  You have to call them and try to describe what you are looking for, then they have to try to find it, if they even have it.  With each shotgun shipped was a diagram and parts list, but it was a copy of an original Colt 1878.  No actual part numbers to order from.  Anyway, there are a lot of those diagrams out there, I have one somewhere, possibly in the box but it is 90 miles away.  Okay, so anyway, let's see if I can attach a couple files that I saved off the web.  One is a diagram but poor resolution.  The other should be what you are looking for, disassembly with photos from Ken Griner.   

1878a.jpeg

1878 disassembly3.pdf

4 minutes ago, El Mulo Vaquero, SASS #55942 said:

I put this pdf file on disassembling the ttn 1878 a few years ago.  Maybe you'll find it helpful1878 disassembly3.pdf

That's what I just posted .  Thanks again for having it out there.:)

I've worked on original Colt 1878s.  Pretty much a generic shotgun of the era. Only thing different is the firing pins hald by a hex nut.  Also manual firing pen retraction by little push rod. 

The one in the middle is the Cimarron. 

597e45e52dfcb_Colt1878collectionJuly2017.jpg.f27d10536730f91c32d82da99690d811.jpg

3 hours ago, Shagbark Steve said:

Coming over to Classic Cowboy finally it looks like.  Yee Haw!!

Probably gonna be a while, this thing needs some work. It's harder to open than my stoeger.

6 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Don't forget the one hidden under the top snap.

Yeah, you gotta push that lever all the way to get clearance to unscrew that top bolt.

13 hours ago, Diamond Jake said:

Yeah, you gotta push that lever all the way to get clearance to unscrew that top bolt.

Yep, that's the one I didn't see LOL. Got it tore down. Thanks ya'll.

Archived