SASS Wire Forum

Best place for '97 repair?

Red Wolf

I have an IAC '97 that needs a left extractor.  I haven't been able to find one.  Is there a place that I can send it off to that will be able to repair it?  I'd love to get it fixed by the beginning of October.  There is a pard local that has offered to fix it, but he needs an extractor to do so.  What do you guys think?

Thank you!

Red Wolf

I have sent my 97 to the Cowboy shop and have always been happy with the work and price.

Online Outpost at Durrango, Colo. shows they have in stock.    Tell Terri, GW sent you.  Great person to deal with      GW

On 7/19/2022 at 9:40 PM, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Not hard to do it yourownself ;)

OLG,

I think I could do it myself, but I haven't been able to find  the extractor to do so.

Red Wolf

I'll gladly help ya if you find the part. If "The Smith Shop" is still around, I think they had them. We're located in Rhode Island I think. Good Luck, it'd be nice to get that gun running. Let me know if you need to borrow our spare for the boil.

Outlaw Gambler  and Joe Brisco (Brisco Kid ) in OK are both good guys to deal with 

not hard to install your self , just make sure you get the proper sized part 

I had to fit a Win into an IAC , not near as smooth but it worked , took a while to get it in there 

CB  

9 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Contact Outlaw Gambler. 

Did the 'tail' on that extractor break off?

OLG,

Yes, the tail broke off.  The extractor itself is still attached to the bolt.

Online Outpost has them.  They took over sales of parts from The Smith Shop for last year or so.

https://onlineoutpost.net/collections/shotgun

good luck, GJ

Yes, I found them at online outpost for $75 a piece.  I noticed they are labeled as "Winchester", would they work for an IAC?  Thank you guys for all your help.

Rd Wolf

would they work for an IAC?

As noted by Chickasaw Bill above, it takes fitting to make the Win size extractor fit in the IAC bolt.   Depends upon your pard's skill levels and patience......

The Smith Shop part (Online Outpost) is a good quality part.

good luck, GJ

4 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

OLG,

Yes, the tail broke off.  The extractor itself is still attached to the bolt.

There is a mod for broken extractor that involoves filing a flat on the tail and making grinding a seat in the extractor groove to hold a small coil spring.  Outlaw Gambler can tell you more.  Cap told me but was not very specific on spring.  Just pick up at hardware store were His words      GW

Archived