SASS Wire Forum

I LOVE BLACK GOLD !!!

Waimea

Sorry, I can't help emoting here.

The range has improved so much over the last couple of years.

I was happy to be there for Milkbones final Black Gold performance and they really rocked it.

Thank you Copperhead Joe and Catatonic for continuing the hillbilly tradition of homespun hospitality. 

The food was delicious, especially the fish.

Thanks to all the folks that help Joe put this together!

The SWFL Gang loved it!

Special thanks to all who nominated me for Regulator a couple years ago.

That badge means more to me than I could ever express in words. And it all began at Black Gold.:wub:

Waimea

(now badged Regulator)

Black Gold quick became my favorite place to shoot (and visit).   But the last couple of years has kept me

more home bound due to hindering health issues.   I'm MUCH better but I still have to watch my activities, 

especially with multiple day events and hot weather.

I hope maybe next year I can get back into the event and maybe talk Red Knee into coming over from Oklahoma.

..........Widder

2 hours ago, Waimea said:

Sorry, I can't help emoting here.

The range has improved so much over the last couple of years.

I was happy to be there for Milkbones final Black Gold performance and they really rocked it.

Thank you Copperhead Joe and Catatonic for continuing the hillbilly tradition of homespun hospitality. 

The food was delicious, especially the fish.

Thanks to all the folks that help Joe put this together!

The SWFL Gang loved it!

Special thanks to all who nominated me for Regulator a couple years ago.

That badge means more to me than I could ever express in words. And it all began at Black Gold.:wub:

Waimea

(now badged Regulator)

I so wanted to jump on that wagon with you all, but I couldn't get the time off approved. The stinky part was is the other guy who had vacation cancelled at the last minute so I should have been able to go.

Hope you had a great time.

We may see you Sunday. I am planning on headed down your way. It is pending on how the Ft White Youth Match goes Saturday and when we get home. 

JEL 

12 minutes ago, John E. Law said:

I so wanted to jump on that wagon with you all, but I couldn't get the time off approved. The stinky part was is the other guy who had vacation cancelled at the last minute so I should have been able to go.

Hope you had a great time.

We may see you Sunday. I am planning on headed down your way. It is pending on how the Ft White Youth Match goes Saturday and when we get home. 

JEL 

We'll keep the light on for ya.

Thanks to you Waimea for all the bullets you donated for prizes. Also want to let people know that at the end of the awards Copperhead Joe announced that Black Gold was going back next year to a two day, ten stage match as it was before the last couple years. 

2 hours ago, doc roy l. pain said:

Thanks to you Waimea for all the bullets you donated for prizes. Also want to let people know that at the end of the awards Copperhead Joe announced that Black Gold was going back next year to a two day, ten stage match as it was before the last couple years. 

You're welcome!

There's always a lot of bargaining behind the scenes with that stuff.

I'll out Whiskey Creek on this one. He donated hard cash to the SWFL Gunslinger raffle. So we are very grateful to him for that.

I like the 3 day match but 2 is fine.

I'll be there in any case shooting and getting soaked in some Hillbilly thing.:lol:

This match has been one of those things that I just won’t miss!  I haven’t been able to shoot the last two years because of health issues, but I refuse to stay home regardless. Yeah!! The Saturday night show has been a part of it, but I come up on Monday and hang out. I try to help when I’m able because this is my home club too!  This is my family, my support group, me escape, and my therapy!!

As for the band, it’s been a great run and I hate to see it end, but I can tell you that I will be there again and again as long as I am able.  Next year I hope to be shooting too!

The shooters and their families are really what makes it all what it is!!  You folks don’t show up and nothing happens!

Waimea is really part of the family at Ponderosa Pines. Just like Tombstone and Whiskey and Iron Maiden and all the others that show up a week or more before the match and fix stuff, move things around, assemble shooter’s books and do the little things that keep the show going!

Those folks are why I keep coming back!!  That’s why “I LOVE BLACK GOLD “

38 minutes ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

This is my family, my support group, me escape, and my therapy!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I LOVE BLACK GOLD!  First couple of years, it was a really neat place and a super-fun match; then, it became my happy place and, after changes upon changes, it still is.

AND, I owe heartfelt thanks to 2022's Posse 9 for granting me their Spirit of the Game award.  It don't seem right after y'all made it so easy.

Always a good time at black gold. So many chip in to make this a great big “family” reunion.      I always come home with a smile and eager plans to return next year.    It’s the people I tell ya.

Was the moonshine flowing again??

44 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Was the moonshine flowing again??

Is a pig’s butt pork??  :lol:

Archived