SASS Wire Forum

Calling Your Representative about H.R. 1808

bgavin

Call here -- 202-225-3121

I did my first call to Congress to vote NO on HR 1808.
The first response is an operator who asks my State, then directed the call.
The next response was a young man that took my comment.
I figure they pay him at least $75,000 per year for this.

If you don’t know what HR1808 is, here is a summary:

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1808

Here is the latest entire bill as of a few days ago, Saturday 7-16-22.
Riders, pork, welfare, PC BS not included…yet!

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/1808/text

My POS, Sanders, just sent me a reply that this bill is common sense and nobody needs an "assault weapon". I replied, not that he sees it anyhow, that nobody needs a senator that doesn't hold to his oath to uphold the Constitution. Basically the same canned letter I get every time I call or write these clowns. :angry:

46 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

My POS, Sanders, just sent me a reply that this bill is common sense and nobody needs an "assault weapon". I replied, not that he sees it anyhow, that nobody needs a senator that doesn't hold to his oath to uphold the Constitution. Basically the same canned letter I get every time I call or write these clowns. :angry:

You could live in CT and have Dumb and Dumber as your senators

Sadly for those of us in blue or purple states we compete to prove who has the dumbest people representing us in Congress

Trade ya for some of ours.

But a warning: This is some of what you'll be getting.

236682488_277318610502572_8262587195088217753_n.jpg

Screenshot-20220623-011205-Instagram.jpg

93998051_228988961701802_7455642795802361856_n.jpg

My representative is so liberal she makes Pelosi look conservative! My one Senator. Sherod Briwn us also a big lib and antigunner!

My only hope is Sen. Portman and he’s retiring ! 

Check the water lines where these morons live. I will bet they are lead. 

There’s got to be a way that this can be used to disqualify idiots from office due to mental issues from the environment. Use CA’s Prop 65 against them. 

I am convinced there’s something in the water in these big cities where this scum comes from. 

12 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

nobody needs a communist representing them but then ive never voted for him , 

6 hours ago, watab kid said:

nobody needs a communist representing them but then ive never voted for him , 

Neither have I, but he's one of the clowns I have to write to along with Welch and Leahy. :mellow: I get the same response from all of them. They all claim to have firearms themselves except Sanders.

Question: Does it do any good to contact your reps when you know darn well they’re 100% antigun ? I got responses from them and they’re not budging ! 
I have ONE Senator, Rob Portman who is pro gun and he’s retiring! 

Been wondering the same, I feel like I'm wasting my time, but do it to support the cause. I don't even get a response back after I reply to their canned letter to me. They couldn't care less what I as a constituent think. Definitely not for the people.

Yes, it seems the effort is fruitless.
However, when you have a politician as stupid as The Box of Rocks™, they may be anti-gun, but like all politicians their first and foremost priority is staying in office.

They measure the direction the wind blows, and change their stories to suit.
Romney, Graham, Cornyn, Collins, Murkowsky, et al are perfect examples.

5 hours ago, bgavin said:

However, when you have a politician as stupid as The Box of Rocks™, they may be anti-gun, but like all politicians their first and foremost priority is staying in office.

And they feel they will get more votes from the anti crowd than our crowd so they feel they will be staying in office by voting for it. So yes it is a waste of time. Besides there are absolutely ZERO politicians of either party that give two shakes about the general population. 

Hmmm been in the works for over a year.

Sponsor: Rep. Cicilline, David N. [D-RI-1] (Introduced 03/11/2021)

11 hours ago, bgavin said:

The problem is the wind is blowing in the antigun clouds in my district, that’s why there hasn’t been a republican in my congressional district in years! 
I’m not wasting my time and energy anymore. The Senate is a different story. 

On the news last night there was mention of a hang shooting. They made a point of "it appears to be a GHOST gun". I sure hope all this outward anti crap backfires on them. One of our candidates makes a point of having bushes removed from the front of a school so shooters can't hide in them! Have we had a school shooter hide in the bushes?

I feel like I have been sent back in time to Spain, 1460.
I know full well the Spanish Inquisition is coming, but there is not a darn thing I can do to stop it.
The very best I can do, is try to figure out how to avoid/survive it.
So far, this is keeping me awake at night.

I have a simple solution for intentional gun crimes, but my solution will never see the light of day.
After conviction beyond ALL doubt of an intentional gun crime, give the perp a swift and public execution.

No lawyer tricks, no delays.  It matters not if he was raped by his priest, has gender dysphoria, is systematically oppressed or has 12 personalities where he thinks he is a giraffe, but identifies as a kazoo.

If the thug has it 100% certain in his head, as soon as he pulls the trigger he will be executed... this might (read: might) deter the smarter thugs.
The stupids and mentals would only do it once.

My solution will never come into being, because politicians want gun confiscation and total control.
They don't give a whit about safety.

The Ruger Alaskan is looking mighty appealing to me right now.

7 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

The problem is the wind is blowing in the antigun clouds in my district, that’s why there hasn’t been a republican in my congressional district in years! 
I’m not wasting my time and energy anymore. The Senate is a different story. 

Senate , only thing different about them is the name other wise the politicians are the same as they are in the House.

36 minutes ago, Texas Joker said:

A law that is abhorrent to the constitution is void. 

They don't seem to mind anymore, just make a law and we get to spend years and fortunes to get it fixed and nobody seems to get punished. Over 100 years for NY's carry law and they just came up with more illegal laws. Just like criminals, if nothing happens to them, why stop.

56 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Senate , only thing different about them is the name other wise the politicians are the same as they are in the House.

I’m talking about my two senators, Rob Portman is progun all the way, Brown is antigun all the way . 

I disagree about Senators, I think in general they are a little more respectful to the constitution than house members at least the Republican Senators.

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I’m talking about my two senators, Rob Portman is progun all the way, Brown is antigun all the way . 

I disagree about Senators, I think in general they are a little more respectful to the constitution than house members at least the Republican Senators.

Ok I'll agree to disagree. They all care about themselves and the money they are getting. If what the people want doesn't further their pocket book, agenda or get them re-elected, they aren't going to do it.

And besides a little more respectful than Congressmen/women isn't saying much like comparing a drunk to a dope head.

You may be like the only lucky person there is with your 2.

4 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

They don't seem to mind anymore, just make a law and we get to spend years and fortunes to get it fixed and nobody seems to get punished. Over 100 years for NY's carry law and they just came up with more illegal laws. Just like criminals, if nothing happens to them, why stop.

This is pretty typical here in the Golden State 

My US Senators are Feinstein and Padilla.  My member of the House is the oh, so HONORABLE Mike Thompson, head of the Congressional Committee To Make Ownership Of Firearms Illegal.

Yep.
I am mentoring a young Mason who is a LEO.
He says they are catching word that CA plans to outlaw a huge number of sporting varieties.
As noted above, CA doesn't care about the Constitution at all.

24 minutes ago, bgavin said:

Yep.
I am mentoring a young Mason who is a LEO.
He says they are catching word that CA plans to outlaw a huge number of sporting varieties.
As noted above, CA doesn't care about the Constitution at all.

Almost 20 years ago a judge on the 9th Circuit foresaw the conditions in California today:

9th Circuit Judge Kozinski’s masterful dissenting opinion.    In part:

“My excellent colleagues have forgotten these bitter lessons of history. The prospect of tyranny may not grab the headlines the way vivid stories of gun crime routinely do. But few saw the Third Reich coming until it was too late. The Second Amendment is a doomsday provision, one designed for those exceptionally rare circumstances where all other rights have failed—where the government refuses to stand for reelection and silences those who protest; where courts have lost the courage to oppose, or can find no one to enforce their decrees. However improbable these contingencies may seem today, facing them unprepared is a mistake a free people get to make only once.

Fortunately, the Framers were wise enough to entrench the right of the people to keep and bear arms within our constitutional structure. The purpose and importance of that right was still fresh in their minds, and they spelled it out clearly so it would not be forgotten. Despite the panel’s mighty struggle to erase these words, they remain, and the people themselves can read what they say plainly enough:

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The sheer ponderousness of the panel’s opinion—the mountain of verbiage it must deploy to explain away these fourteen short words of constitutional text—refutes its thesis far more convincingly than anything I might say. The panel’s labored SILVEIRA v. LOCKYER 5983 effort to smother the Second Amendment by sheer body weight has all the grace of a sumo wrestler trying to kill a rattlesnake by sitting on it—and is just as likely to succeed.”

You might also dig up Kleinfeld’s dissenting opinion in Silveira v. Lockyer, 5983.  Excellent reading.  You can find it here: https://law.resource.org/pub/us/case/reporter/F3/328/328.F3d.567.01-15098.html

11 hours ago, Slapshot said:

Ok I'll agree to disagree. They all care about themselves and the money they are getting. If what the people want doesn't further their pocket book, agenda or get them re-elected, they aren't going to do it.

And besides a little more respectful than Congressmen/women isn't saying much like comparing a drunk to a dope head.

You may be like the only lucky person there is with your 2.

My two what? Sherod Brown is a total liberal, Rob Portman is very pro gun but he’s retiring, how am I lucky?? If we get another antigun dem in November, that’s not very lucky at all!

Tim Ryan D against J D Vance R

Vance is pro gun Ryan is antigun!

Apparently, the voters do not yet have a belly full of staggering inflation, massive illegal invasion, chronic shortages, riots, arson, looting, crime, vandalism and the asphyxiation of our Constitutional rights.

I know this, because the voters continue electing Democrats.

There are True Believers within my circle of friends and acquaintances.
Gas can go to $10 and eggs to $2 each, and they will still hate Trump and glaze over while citing how this is all good for the environment.

That Ruger Alaskan mentioned above, is now on its way to me.
I should take possession about September 1 after all the CA baloney.

12 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

My two what? Sherod Brown is a total liberal, Rob Portman is very pro gun but he’s retiring, how am I lucky?? If we get another antigun dem in November, that’s not very lucky at all!

Tim Ryan D against J D Vance R

Vance is pro gun Ryan is antigun!

I assumed you had to good ones with the comment "I disagree about Senators, I think in general they are a little more respectful to the constitution than house members at least the Republican Senators." I figured you must have a couple good ones.

12 hours ago, Slapshot said:

I assumed you had to good ones with the comment "I disagree about Senators, I think in general they are a little more respectful to the constitution than house members at least the Republican Senators." I figured you must have a couple good ones.

Nope, just the one Sen Portman. I still think there are some good Senators though, Rand Paul, Ted Cruz and Rubio come to mind. They're not perfect but I'd take them over any dems.

21 hours ago, bgavin said:

Apparently, the voters do not yet have a belly full of staggering inflation, massive illegal invasion, chronic shortages, riots, arson, looting, crime, vandalism and the asphyxiation of our Constitutional rights.

Too many people have bought into the class warfare ideology and think that they can vote for panem et circenses in perpetuity with no consequences.

Archived