SASS Wire Forum

I’m Devastated—- Updated

Yul Lose

5 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

They showed up after the people were all taken to the hospital. We’re in a very rural area and CHP is stretched pretty thin. County S.O. Doesn’t respond to vehicle accidents.

Man, I am so sorry for all this.  Hoping that the legal system catches all involved in the creation of this accident.

• Yul Lose changed the title to I’m Devastated—- Updated

The kids are amazingly lucky to have survived. Best wishes for a speedy and full recovery! 

I'm in for prayers for a speedy and complete recovery for GS and GD. They had a guardian angel riding shotgun.

20 hours ago, Yul Lose said:

A woman pulled off of the road about 100 feet from the accident and came over to the Lexus and pulled a duffle bag out of the back seat of the Lexus and came across the road and threw it down the embankment and then she went to her truck and used her phone and a few minutes later a man showed up in another truck and proceeded to go down the embankment and retrieve the duffel bag and drive off with it. There was a fireman directing traffic and I asked him if he saw all of that happen and he said that he did and will inform his captain and the CHP when they arrive. Don’t know what was in the duffle bag but they sure wanted it.

I hope that got caught on camera and that the plates are clear enough to read.

On 7/18/2022 at 5:18 AM, Yul Lose said:

We’re in a very rural area and CHP is stretched pretty thin. County S.O. Doesn’t respond to vehicle accidents.

When we were living in Pacific Beach, we found the SDPD doesn't come out for much of anything, except a good bikini day at the beach.
Then, you can find two cars and four officers making sure all those bikinis are proper.

Unless it is in a bikini, dead or bleeding... good luck getting a cop.

Still have your grandchildren on my Prayer List Yul.

I hope they are doing well and recovering quickly.

I'll remain silent of the fool who struck them. 

12 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Still have your grandchildren on my Prayer List Yul.

I hope they are doing well and recovering quickly.

I'll remain silent of the fool who struck them. 

Thank you, they are very sore still. We invited them over for a birthday dinner on Saturday for their uncle and they both declined, sore and didn’t want to drive on the road where it happened so soon.

A couple of more pictures. As you can see my grandson had nowhere to go.

7DEB8B61-0ADD-40C9-B731-113E5915F6FF.jpeg

77C85BD0-AA6D-485E-A3D6-422486D28B5F.jpeg

Thank God for the developments in cars these days to withstand crashes. Glad to hear they are basically OK. Prayers continue up. Thank for the updates Yul.

Your Grand-children are still on my prayer list Yul.

Any updates?

7 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

Your Grand-children are still on my prayer list Yul.

Any updates?

Thank you. Granddaughter sees a doctor today about the fractured vertebrae, she has a job as an accountant and has to sit all day and she can’t do that now because of the pain so I’m thinking surgery is coming up. Grandson still can’t find a car and is using my wife’s car, she doesn’t like driving my truck, telling her to ride a bike wasn’t the right thing to do, I guess. :lol:.

33 minutes ago, Yul Lose said:

Thank you. Granddaughter sees a doctor today about the fractured vertebrae, she has a job as an accountant and has to sit all day and she can’t do that now because of the pain so I’m thinking surgery is coming up. Grandson still can’t find a car and is using my wife’s car, she doesn’t like driving my truck, telling her to ride a bike wasn’t the right thing to do, I guess. :lol:.

Yeh, the ride a bike comment was prolly an error! Sometimes these things just fly out of our mouth though.

Thanks for the update and Prayers continue for their recovery.

38 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

Yul, do you know if the other driver survived

(I guess I am quietly hoping not -- shame on me).

Yes he survived. No shame needed, I was hoping the same thing. 

Archived