SASS Wire Forum

I’m Devastated—- Updated

Yul Lose

My grandson and granddaughter were on their way to our home for his 30th birthday party. They were in a head on collision about an eighth of a mile up the road from our house. The car that hit them was fully in their lane and according to an eye witness it was doing well over 60 mph, the speed limit is 45. They’re both in the hospital and the 3 other people in the other car were injured as well and the driver may not survive. My grandson has a broken wrist and ribs and my granddaughter has a head injury and is undergoing tests and getting stitches for now. I’ll post pictures soon. My grandson tried to take evasive action to his right but there is a steep bank there and his car ended up against it, there was nowhere else to go.

As the picture shows the Silver Lexus was fully in my grandkids lane. He got as far to the right as he could before the collision. So word from the hospital yet.

A8B8A8FA-6D47-4503-BCED-451492931013.jpeg

just got word that they’ll both be in the hospital overnight for more tests and observation.

Now that things have settled down a bit I’ll share something strange that happened while I was at the scene and they were getting the ambulances loaded up. A woman pulled off of the road about 100 feet from the accident and came over to the Lexus and pulled a duffle bag out of the back seat of the Lexus and came across the road and threw it down the embankment and then she went to her truck and used her phone and a few minutes later a man showed up in another truck and proceeded to go down the embankment and retrieve the duffel bag and drive off with it. There was a fireman directing traffic and I asked him if he saw all of that happen and he said that he did and will inform his captain and the CHP when they arrive. Don’t know what was in the duffle bag but they sure wanted it.

Both grandkids are in the process of being released from the hospital. Granddaughter has a fractured vertebrae in her neck and has to wear a neck brace for awhile to see how it does. Cut on her forehead was glued shut. Grandson has a sprained wrist and severe bruising of his left side and abdomen and his forearm has a Honda emblem bruise from the steering wheel, it almost looks tattooed on. They were very fortunate to come out of it  like they did.

Thank you everyone for your kind comments, it meant a lot.

As survivors of a head on ourselves, you have both my wife’s and my most heartfelt prayers for both immediate healing and long term recovery. 
 Respectfully 

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:
Gateway Kid

Prayers up Yul for your Grandson & Granddaughter. My heart goes out to you. 

• Yul Lose changed the title to I’m Devastated—- Picture Added

Prayers for you, your grandkids and entire family.

I'll bet there was either cash or drugs in the duffle bag. I hope you or the FD got pics/video of that part of it. The FD units around here have video cameras mounted everywhere on them, maybe your locality does also.

I simply don't know what to say. I am so sorry to hear this. You will all be in my thoughts and meditations.

6 minutes ago, Cypress Sun said:

I'll bet there was either cash or drugs in the duffle bag. I hope you or the FD got pics/video of that part of it. The FD units around here have video cameras mounted everywhere on them, maybe your locality does also.

Yep, that’s the first thing I thought of. My daughter in law watched it too and that’s what she said.

Hope that the grandkids are okay.

I also hope that license numbers of the other vehicles were recorded!

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

.......  there was ...... drugs in the duffle bag..

Duffle contained a jail sentence.

I have seen this duffle sequence before.

A speedy recovery to yours.

Best wishes & thoughts for a quick & trouble free recovery for your grandkids!

A speedy recovery and healthy aftermath for your family.

I pray for a full recovery.

I had a guy roll a car in front of me about a year or so back. He jumped out and was strung out on something, maybe just adrenaline. When me and another lady approached him he had asked if we'd run a backpack up the road and throw it into a hedgerow. He said he was a convicted felon just out on parole and had a gun. We told him no, so he ran down the road and tossed it. My wife had 911 on the phone and saw it and while on the phone asked my daughter " what did he just throw in the bushes." Of course the 911 operator heard that. Pretty soon, the country road was swarmed. The ignition had no key and steering column had been tampered with as I could not turn it off. He had  "good explanation" for that and said the steering column locked up on him while driving and as a result he lost control.  The gun he said was to protect him from BLM protestors, though that sort of mess did not go on anywhere near our area.

His mother pulled up and chatted with my wife. They go back a ways. My wife was completely forthcoming and told her everything, including her reporting the bag incident to the authorities. What are you to do with these sort of folks? They are a danger to everyone.

Not wanting to take away from your thread. Just triggered a memory. Let us know how it all turns out please.

49 minutes ago, Muleshoe Bill SASS #67022 said:

Prayers up for your family.  What I find interesting is (from your account) no police at the scene?  That seems mighty odd.

They showed up after the people were all taken to the hospital. We’re in a very rural area and CHP is stretched pretty thin. County S.O. Doesn’t respond to vehicle accidents.

Archived