SASS Wire Forum

2022 Illinois State Championship Results are Posted

Popcorn Kelly

The SASS 2022 Illinois State Championship Results are available on the Illowa Irregulars Scores page.  We had 150 shooters start the match.  While it was a little wet Friday morning for the first warm-up match, it cleared up in the afternoon for the second warm-up and remained dry the afternoon Side Matches and both days of the main match.    

Congratulations to:

• Matt Black and Turkey Legs for winning Overall Men’s and Ladies Shooters,
  • Billie the Avenger and Turkey Legs for taking top Illinois State honors by winning the 2022 SASS Men’s and Women’s Championships, respectively; and
  • Our 16 Clean Shooters: Matt Black, Billy the Avenger, Capt. Jim Midnight, Wicker Nash, City Slicker, Sgt Hampton, Dangerous Dan McGrew, Comstock Charlie, Bailey Creek, Fatboy Harley, Badlands Charlie, Rance, Sew Cantina, Kid Koo, Mar Sioux, and Lady Pearl. 

Also, if I say so myself, the Saturday evening Celebration Belle Riverboat Dinner cruise was spectacular.  Great weather, great food, but most importantly, it was being with the 93 cowboys, cowgirls, and some family members, many of whom were dressed hilt in their cowboy/cowgirl finery.  Even the non-cowboys on the cruise were entertained having our fun group on the boat with them. 

Thanks to everyone who attended, and hope you enjoyed the match.  I know I speak for every Illowa Irregular when I say we truly appreciate your having attending the match, and hope you will consider returning for future matches. 

If you would like to see our event program, including our stages, click here

With that, I’ll call it a day. 

Popcorn Kelly

mayhem-2022-pin-artwork.png?w=863

Archived