SASS Wire Forum

Ruger Vaquero Availability

Celt

According to the National Rep. vaqueros are in production, but only certain distributors are getting the allocated production. Large high volume dealers are getting the stock. High demand is driving the market.

13 hours ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

... Large high volume dealers are getting the stock...

I know of a store in northern Minnesota that seems to get plenty of Vaqueros in. They sell out pretty quick too.

Ruger and other manufacturers sell to Lipsey’s, Davidson’s, Smith Bros., other distributors. 

Distributors sell to dealers, Cabelas, Sheels, Bud’s,  FFLs, etc. high volume dealers get allocated delivery from the distributors. Some backordered two years. Small dealer’s have to wait. 

Piette and Uberti handguns are available. 

Jack, if you travel and do not know where or who they are you probably will not see the warehouses. One I know of has a sign in the window that is maybe 2 x 3 feet. Low visibility on purpose. They do not sell to the public and do not want to advertise to bad guys. 

On 7/18/2022 at 11:36 AM, Sedalia Dave said:

Several are available on Gun Broker

FYI MSRP on a new Vargero is a little over $1000.00

Times do change. I bought my first old style Vaquero in about 1995 for $240-ish. 44 mag, which they don’t make anymore. 

Best of luck to the new folks searching. 

1 hour ago, SHOOTIN FOX said:

Ruger and other manufacturers sell to Lipsey’s, Davidson’s, Smith Bros., other distributors. 

Distributors sell to dealers, Cabelas, Sheels, Bud’s,  FFLs, etc. high volume dealers get allocated delivery from the distributors. Some backordered two years. Small dealer’s have to wait. 

Piette and Uberti handguns are available. 

I deal with all of them I know who the big boys are  There are no Vaqueros or Blackhawks to be had. If Ruger is producing them where are they?

Just now, Texas Jack Black said:

Where are these Major distributors? I travel the country and I see very few.

You won't see the distributors. They are the outfits that Ruger ships directly too. The distributors then ship to the local shops.

For what it's worth, Four Seasons Firearms in Woburn Mass usually has a few in their display case. I have seen some at the Cabellas in Hudson MASS too.

Reeds in MN has had them in frequently, we have had 6 in but I have a back order of customers half a dozen long.

13 hours ago, Texas Jack Black said:

I deal with all of them I know who the big boys are  There are no Vaqueros or Blackhawks to be had. If Ruger is producing them where are they?

I'm not a big guy but I know a few key people.  We have had both black hawks and vaquero's come in. I currently have one Blackhawk in .357  on the shelf. 

16 hours ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Been waiting 2 years for back orders. Davidsons keeps pushing them to the big guys. I’m still stuck paying retail, just to have some to sell. 

Davidsons doesn't just give to the big guys. It depends on who your rep is.

On 7/20/2022 at 6:32 AM, ORNERY OAF said:

1k for a ruger vaquerro?? Lol, keep it. They lost their minds.

They're $1600.00 plus here so I'd gladly pay a grand.

20 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

They're $1600.00 plus here so I'd gladly pay a grand.

i say a gun is worth what it's worth to the buyer, if he ends up happy, that is all that matters

i would agree , but wow that seems a big difference , good thing these are not a quick perish item , most of us buy once and shoot all our lives with these , they are worth whatever your willing to pay but its looking like they are only going up , my first was under $400 the next two under $500 each and im glad i have them , ill not part with these - just fix as needed if ever , these are my main match plus backup revolvers , i like them a lot and would recommend but i guess i might have to rethink that to new shooters with less start up cash , 

I have a set of the Ruger "Talo Exclusive"  3.75" Stainless Birdshead's in 357 on backorder from my distributor. I am so hoping that order get's filled this time around. Those sell out so fast. They're not even available at scalping high prices on Gunbroker.

JEL

On 7/20/2022 at 9:32 AM, evil dogooder said:

Reeds in MN has had them in frequently, we have had 6 in but I have a back order of customers half a dozen long.

Reeds is where I've seen them recently. I believe $899.00 was their price. They usually get up to 10 and sell out quickly.

22 hours ago, Dantankerous said:

Reeds is where I've seen them recently. I believe $899.00 was their price. They usually get up to 10 and sell out quickly.

With inflation the price of raw materials now and all our other problems that price isn’t really all that terrible. I was looking for a set of pistols right at the onset of the plandemic and every local gunshop was right around $750 . Right now you don’t see much of anything “on sale” in a gunshop. Compared to a new car it’s a deal 

Reeds in Walker MN has   had some old stock items kicking around give them a call.

I tried to sell a single 45 vaquero, blued, 4 5/8” barrel for $900 shipped a while back. No takers.  Too bad I didn’t have a mate for it.  Can’t say people are looking to hard.

• 2 weeks later...

The panic prices have come down over the past few weeks. Retail on a New Vaquero is $1019, and at the height of the panic, good used .357's and .45's were bringing $1200. SASS sets in .357 were bringing $2800-$3000, and I saw a set or two that sold in the $3200-$3300 range. For certain TALO and Lipsey's exclusives, the sky's the limit.

When I started SASS back in 2011, I had maybe a half dozen guns in the house.  Now that number has gone up by a factor of over 5.  As those purchases were occurring I got a bit of blowback from Shootin Sharyn about the expense. 

Fortunately I tracked everything, serial numbers, price paid, etc.  Wouldn't you know the value of those guns as a whole is now more than double what I paid for them.  I figure my rate of return was over 10%, which is significantly better than my 401K has done over the same period.  If I were to factor in the guns I bought and later resold during that time period my return would be closer to 25%.

In an inflationary environment hard assets are the way to go. Gold, silver, guns.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:47 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

In an inflationary environment hard assets are the way to go. Gold, silver, guns.

And lead.:lol:

Read an article recently interviewing Ruger CEO. Gist of the article was Ruger's sales are down, considerably. Last couple years, the sales boom for semi-auto guns has been the excuse for not producing as many single actions. Hopefully Ruger will be able to produce more single actions now.

5 hours ago, Ranger Dan said:

Read an article recently interviewing Ruger CEO. Gist of the article was Ruger's sales are down, considerably. Last couple years, the sales boom for semi-auto guns has been the excuse for not producing as many single actions. Hopefully Ruger will be able to produce more single actions now.

It's not like those semi-autos are collectable.

Get one or two and you're done.

Cowboy guns on the other hand, just doesn't stop.

If I could put Parental Control on my Internet I would be blocking SASS Wire Classified and Gunbroker.

Wife is no help. Well if you want it and have the money, GO AHEAD!

SOMEBODY'S GOTTA BE THE PARENT!

:lol:

On 8/4/2022 at 7:47 AM, Captain Bill Burt said:

When I started SASS back in 2011, I had maybe a half dozen guns in the house.  Now that number has gone up by a factor of over 5.  As those purchases were occurring I got a bit of blowback from Shootin Sharyn about the expense. 

Fortunately I tracked everything, serial numbers, price paid, etc.  Wouldn't you know the value of those guns as a whole is now more than double what I paid for them.  I figure my rate of return was over 10%, which is significantly better than my 401K has done over the same period.  If I were to factor in the guns I bought and later resold during that time period my return would be closer to 25%.

Has it really been that long ago?

BTW Increasing by only 5 times means you deserve a few more new guns for being so fiscally responsible over the years. Just wait a little, locally prices on stuff are dropping quite a bit (used not new) and the deals should be coming soon.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

Archived