SASS Wire Forum

Just hit 93°

Utah Bob #35998

Temps over 90 are pretty rare here. Can’t recall any in recent years. No rain clouds in sight. Even Earl and the hummingbirds are stayin up in the shade trees. I see a root beer or crème soda float in the near future.

EB0CB727-CB69-4419-A94F-22F379B5D94C.jpeg

It’s 97° in London right now!

At those temperatures, my Right Guard takes a left turn!!

17 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Temps over 90 are pretty rare here. Can’t recall any in recent years. No rain clouds in sight. Even Earl and the hummingbirds are stayin up in the shade trees. I see a root beer or crème soda float in the near future.

EB0CB727-CB69-4419-A94F-22F379B5D94C.jpeg

Forecast is for hot temps all week Bob, cooling down a little on Sunday.

100 - 105 along the Colorado Front Range...at least metro-Denver to Ft. Collins!  Grandson in Phoenix said it was 117 day before yesterday!  I also heard the the Devil was seen hopping a refrigerator car on a train, and said he was going home, as it was too hot for him! :rolleyes:  Also understand there are massive solar flares headed toward Earth that may play havoc with communications, power grids, and satellites! :o

Coming back from the Montana State Championship about 5:30 last night, my dashboard readout hit 104 going past Craig (~45 miles north of Helena), right on the banks of the Missouri River.

1 hour ago, Three Foot Johnson said:

Coming back from the Montana State Championship about 5:30 last night, my dashboard readout hit 104 going past Craig (~45 miles north of Helena), right on the banks of the Missouri River.

Yikes! I sure hope the missile maintainers out of Malmstrom AFB can keep cool enough to get the job done!  I can recall when it hit 100 a couple of times back in the late '60's. Had to put wet rags on the back of the old targeting console in the back of the truck to keep it from shutting down.  Fortunately, they haven't used those in about 45 years or more! :FlagAm:

1 hour ago, Trailrider #896 said:

Yikes! I sure hope the missile maintainers out of Malmstrom AFB can keep cool enough to get the job done!  I can recall when it hit 100 a couple of times back in the late '60's. Had to put wet rags on the back of the old targeting console in the back of the truck to keep it from shutting down.  Fortunately, they haven't used those in about 45 years or more! :FlagAm:

I expect they have upgraded their air conditioners since then. ;)

(and at a hefty Air Force contractor price no doubt)

12 minutes ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Tomorrow's weather forecast for 7/19/2022 in Paris, France is 106°F.

And AC is not a thing over there!

Only hit 90 today. Nice.

31 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... well, .... is it?

Yes. It just hit 92. Got me some IBC root beer!

99322E04-9F7A-4DF9-B941-808230DEDDE0.jpeg

Forecast for this afternoon = 107 Degrees F.  No rain since early June. 

No rain forecast through next week. 

If the devil owned hell, and Texas, he'd live in hell, and rent out Texas. 

We knew a Brit that came over for a visit, and he was shocked at the heat, and also, he was actually here when it came a short rain shower. He was amazed that the rain was warm. He said when it rains there, the rain is cold. Hard to imagine that. 

On 7/18/2022 at 3:43 PM, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Tomorrow's weather forecast for 7/19/2022 in Paris, France is 106°F.

105 in Paris TX today and forecast to be just as hot tomorrow

we have been hittin 90 -96 recently with humidity in the 65-75 region regularly , air is thin=ck enough to cut with a knife , today we had a decent breeze but its been still here for a week as well , im not complainin after this past winter but im not real comfortable 

oh and the heat index or felt temp has been over 100 

Archived