SASS Wire Forum

WTB 1903-A3 Stock & Parts for Conversion from Sporterized

Capt'n Rudy

Recently I offered for sale this Sporterized Smith-Corona 1903-A3 and received a number of great comments from fellow Cowboys.  Percy Halley even shared a photo of how he converted his Dad’s sporterized 1903 back to original.  (Thanks Percy). So that’s where I’m headed since my son wants one of my other 1903-A3’s in trade for his Marlin Levermatic 30 Carbine. I’ll keep this Smith-Corona as a shooter.

Here’s a list of parts I’m looking for, and hoping a Cowboy or two might have them laying around.

Butt Plate (have both screws)

Handguard Ring

Lower Band with screw and sling loop

Stacking Swivel band with screw and stacking loop

Upper band with screw

Stock with lower band retaining clip, and handguard with two metal clips 

Suggestions are most welcome.
And thanks in advance,

Capt’n Rudy, (USCG, Retired)

F6489A72-9E99-4371-8980-ABD39EB5C409.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a sniper version 3or4 years ago. The stock was numbered but ver rough and not walnut. Like yours I was guessing birch. So I decided I was going to get new stock set with hand guard and all of the metal pieces to complete the stock. I found most of the pieces either from Gun Parts Corp or Sarco. Between the two I got everything I needed. However when I added it up. It was a few bucks.  I tried to get as much as i could at one time tO avoid shipping costs. However some of the parts I got were not the quality I wanted so I would have to send them back and get the better part either from the other company or ebay

Archived