SASS Wire Forum

1873 Beretta Renegade L/A

Just discovered the lower bolt tab is broken on my Uberti [ Beretta ] Renegade .45LC , looks like it has been that way for quite a while...thing is the rifle still runs great..I'm not a speed   demon  but I ain't slow either !!!

A friend had the same situation with his rifle, broken tab & worked ok...should that be ? I'm thinking of just leaving it as there have been no issues.

Your rifle will run better with a new or repaired lower bolt tab.  Purchase a bolt assembly kit from VTI, Cimarron, or Taylors.  The new bolt bolts have a replaceable lower bolt tab.  I had a good friend, who is an excellent cowboy gunsmith, fit new ones for my rifle and my wife's.  If you are a good "gun mechanic", you could do it yourself.  There are a number of good videos on Youtube that are helpful.

The large caliber (45, 44-40) bolts do not have replaceable bolt tabs, only the small caliber bolts (38-357) have the replaceable lower tabs.  You're gonna need to replace sooner or later, as your extractor is working double duty now

A number of smiths machine out the area and replace it by pinning in a new one. 

Snake Oil George 

Three Cut 

Lassiter

Are some I'm aware of.  

The benefit is better extraction.  

Archived