SASS Wire Forum

Band of Brothers

Half-Breed Pete's visiting this weekend, so after dinner I figgered we'd set back and take in some video entertainment.

I rummaged about through some old DVD's and came across a tin-boxed "Collector's Edition" of Band of Brothers.

Damn! 

I didn't know I had it... and can hardly believe I've never seen it!  :huh:

Gonna be a late night tonight.  :)

4 hours ago, Birdgun Quail, SASS #63663 said:

Wow!  Never watched Band of Brrothers. 

I can’t tell you how many times I’ve watched it.  Five times at least!

Hardpan, what did you think of the series?

What do I think of it?  Well... I'm danged glad I found it, and I'm danged glad I missed seeing it earlier, 'cuz I'm enjoying the heck out of it now!  ^_^

Wow... Sobel sure reminded me of a couple of bosses I've had in my life.  What a miserable person; what a miserable end he met in real life.

Only managed the first two discs last night - it got kinda late out.  More tonight!   :)

I'd also recommend "Flags of Our Fathers", "The Admiral", and "Letters From Iwo Jima".  The last two are in Japanese with English subtitles.  Lastly, I'd go for "Rommel"  with Ulrich Tukur as Rommel.  This one you can listen to it dubbed in English or in German with English subtitles.  It took me almost a year to find this version.  

1 hour ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

What do I think of it?  Well... I'm danged glad I found it, and I'm danged glad I missed seeing it earlier, 'cuz I'm enjoying the heck out of it now!  ^_^

Wow... Sobel sure reminded me of a couple of bosses I've had in my life.  What a miserable person; what a miserable end he met in real life.

Only managed the first two discs last night - it got kinda late out.  More tonight!   :)

https://allthatsinteresting.com/herbert-sobel

14 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Half-Breed Pete's visiting this weekend, so after dinner I figgered we'd set back and take in some video entertainment.

I rummaged about through some old DVD's and came across a tin-boxed "Collector's Edition" of Band of Brothers.

Damn! 

I didn't know I had it... and can hardly believe I've never seen it!  :huh:

Gonna be a late night tonight.  :)

That is our 'go to' if Shanley is sick.

We watch it once a year...usually on a snow day!!!

Archived