SASS Wire Forum

I just bought two new Cimarron Model P revolvers in the 32-20 caliber, which I’m learning to reload now! I also bought two Low and Wide hammers from Cimarron, and two Gunslinger Kits from Long Hunter for these revolvers. With help from Long Hunter, I got the Gunslinger kits in and they work great! Against my better judgment, I  decided to put the hammers in also! Well, when I pulled the hammer out,  a tiny spring and a small pin fell out on my workbench!! I have no idea where they came from, what they do, and how to get them back in!! I know I should not have tried this, but I did and now I need help! Can anyone tell me where this pin and spring goes? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Semper Fi Cowboy 

2 hours ago, Semper Fi Cowboy said:

I think I did, but I can’t get that tiny spring and even tinier screw in !!

It took a combined effort for Mary and I to reinstall the first set. I got to where I could finally do it myself.  Toothpick in the spring.  Ruger is actually bigger and easier.  

Some people leave out the setscrew on the Ubertis.  (Piettas have no setscrew). It makes the cylinder spin easier with a bit less spring pressure on the hand.  The potential downside is that too little hand spring can contribute to a cylinder over-rotating when cocked quickly, but unless that happens then you can do without the screw.

20 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Some people leave out the setscrew on the Ubertis.  (Piettas have no setscrew). It makes the cylinder spin easier with a bit less spring pressure on the hand.  The potential downside is that too little hand spring can contribute to a cylinder over-rotating when cocked quickly, but unless that happens then you can do without the screw.

I've left the set screw out of all my Ubertis with no ill effect.  But I stone the hand and cut so the hand slides smoothly. 

On 7/16/2022 at 11:16 AM, Semper Fi Cowboy said:

I just bought two new Cimarron Model P revolvers in the 32-20 caliber, which I’m learning to reload now! I also bought two Low and Wide hammers from Cimarron, and two Gunslinger Kits from Long Hunter for these revolvers. With help from Long Hunter, I got the Gunslinger kits in and they work great! Against my better judgment, I  decided to put the hammers in also! Well, when I pulled the hammer out,  a tiny spring and a small pin fell out on my workbench!! I have no idea where they came from, what they do, and how to get them back in!! I know I should not have tried this, but I did and now I need help! Can anyone tell me where this pin and spring goes? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Semper Fi Cowboy 

Update: thanks to everyone for your help!! I got the revolvers back together and they work!! 
Thanks again,

Semper Fi Cowboy 

Archived