SASS Wire Forum

How to destroy a DVD?

Alpo

So you have a DVD, and it has all kinds of terrible incriminating evidence on it that you don't want anyone to see. You destroy it.

How?

On an older computer, if you needed to destroy the hard drive, you can do it with magnetism. Have to be a strong ass magnet, but you could do it. I don't know if you can do that anymore.

Then I've heard about shooting holes in the hard drive. Drilling holes in the hard drive.

But a DVD?

From the book The Old Man:

“I hate to sound corny, but destroy this DVD. It could get us both killed. The only good way to do it is to burn it. Thank you for everything, and good luck. Good-bye."

Is burning the only good way?

3 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

You run it through the paper shredder,  Most have a slot for that and credit cards.

This is what I do. Guaranteed secure. 

On the old Minuteman I ICBM guidance systems, if you couldn't overwrite the hard drive disk, you removed it from the guidance "can", shipped it back to the facility under armed guard, and then they dropped it into a vat of hydrochloric acid!  But that was 47 years ago.  Might work on a DVD disk, but you'd need to be careful of the fumes! :o

Anyone that would go through the trouble of reassembling a disc I shredded would have to be an absolute retard as I ain’t important enough or rich enough to have any information pertinent to anything impacting the world in any way. 

Archived